How can I fly legally?

bisco

Elite member
I just had this thought how many of you live by an air port and started into this hobby and invested some cash then realize that that you are $##%$#%$ because of the rules and now you have to drive at least 20 to 30 minutes away from your home, to fly for a couple of minutes.
i have to think that number, or percentage would be incredibly small, but i have no idea.

Piotrsko

Master member
Used to be there were many clubs and sponsored sites within visual range of the runways of LAX, Van Nuys, Burbank, Torrance, Hawthorne, Hughes Field. They got shut down because there's a building there now not because of rules enforcement.

skymaster

Elite member
You need to buy more batteries and a portable charger.
Well when i started i idid not think i was goin to get bitten big time for the hobby. well ever since i have accumulated my stash of battery's
which is scary. i am planning on building a cement board box with sand in it to put all my battery's in it. and on top a smoke alarm. so now i can stay at the field for a couple of hours.

bisco

Elite member
generally speaking, 5-10 minutes doesn't sound like much. but when you start flying, it seems like forever.

but i have to ask, how did you manage to quote a post from another thread, and post it in this thread?