How can I fly legally?

That's hilarious. You never heard his voice!

#NeverForgetTimmy
I thought I heard something too. Or thought I saw a post. Or caught a hint of a shadow of a memory of our Dear Beloved Timmy out of the corner of my eye...
Ah. I'm sure it was nothing. (Sob.)

#NeverForgetTimmy

StreetNickel

I think if you are a lawyer and your client had an accident, the FAA ruling is relaxed. As far as owning a model airplane and flying it at parks and or runways. The FAA won't even know anyone owns a model airplane and have no means to check to see who owns one. This is America. Anyone can buy and anyone can build. Anyone can fly it. Capitalism and free enterprise runs rampant. So FAA ruling is really for show. And probably no affect.

I love this post. One thing that comes to mind: "When a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey, he is obligated to do so" -Thomas Jefferson

aye, there's the rub. who decides what is unjust
Ok, ok Bisco. I decide. I decide which laws fit my wishes. The laws are only there to try to make other people behave the way I think they should. And for me to try to figure out how to navigate around them to avoid punishment.

And we can all chuckle, it's kind of a joke, but it's kind of not at the same time.

agreed, but i don't think the poster in #33 finds it at all amusing :cool:
Ok I'll bite. ;)

That quote assumes a universality to what is "just" and what is not. That is to say it's an objective determination of the truth of right or wrong. I say not; I say it's subjective.

Example: If I want to do a bit of landscaping in my back yard, maybe I'll put a brick walkway across it. Maybe that walkway will need a couple steps at one point. The law says if I build a run of three or more steps it'll need a handrail. I say: Get out of my back yard.

The point is to protect others from my actions. There are lots of people who believe in this law. There is no way to prove one side or the other to this argument. It is and will always be a subjective determination forced into an objective decision. There is no "pure" truth to the question.

skymaster

Elite member
I just had this thought how many of you live by an air port and started into this hobby and invested some cash then realize that that you are $##%$#%$ because of the rules and now you have to drive at least 20 to 30 minutes away from your home, to fly for a couple of minutes.