How did this happen again!!!

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
Hangar 9 DeNight special. At my local field's Christmas party I won a Hangar 9 DeNight special ARF. It is a nice ARF, and I plan on flying it soon. This time I will use electric power and maybe install a runcam in the cowl. I really wish that Hangar 9 made more planes like this, and sadly it is now discontinued :(. This is the link to my unboxing video of it:

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Hangar 9 DeNight special. At my local field's Christmas party I won a Hangar 9 DeNight special ARF. It is a nice ARF, and I plan on flying it soon. This time I will use electric power and maybe install a runcam in the cowl. I really wish that Hangar 9 made more planes like this, and sadly it is now discontinued :(. This is the link to my unboxing video of it:
I like how you did that vid, still motion, cool stuff.

Cool looking plane too

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
Well, I started work on the plane from memory of the instructions. I removed covering where necessary, and used 30min epoxy to glue in the tail. I also am halfway through installing the servos. The one problem is the instruction manual is missing 😨
97D05C2C-2B57-4FA6-A800-620CBC9F975A.jpeg
5356852C-CEAB-4FB6-B748-643736BAF975.jpeg

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
Another issue, the motor doesn't match the screws included in the kit for the motor mount. The motor is from Grayson Hobby.

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
I staryed work on hinging the elevator with a special type of paper hinge that is first slid into both surfaces, then a few drops of THIN CA are added on one side, then the excess is removed before repeating on the other side. I also used canopy glue to glue the pilot bust head to the body, and am using painters tape to hold it in place for 24 hours until it cures.
ACDB2413-BE4D-4A74-A7E2-1E3BECF3F5CE.jpeg
image.jpg

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
I got the propeller from Hobbytown. It calls for an APC 13x6.5, but I could only find a Master Airscrew 13x6. Not really a noticable speed difference, but it might make a noticeable efficiency difference. I also hinged the elevator and attached the receiver I’ll be using. In a few weeks I’ll send it and the receiver for my Giant Scale PT-19 to Horizon so that the antennas can be replaced. Some were worn off, and one was bitten off by the cat 😅
DBDFBE50-4FE8-426F-9EDA-E212FEE3E482.jpeg
54E4D1D9-9B1A-4B04-82A8-1A9B609AA68D.jpeg
D6B4EDD7-1502-414A-9E72-532559A46A7F.jpeg

Last edited:

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I got the propeller from Hobbytown. It calls for an APC 13x6.5, but I could only find a Master Airscrew 13x6. Not really a noticable speed difference, but it might make a noticeable efficiency difference. I also hinged the elevator and attached the receiver I’ll be using. In a few weeks I’ll send it and the receiver for my Giant Scale PT-19 to Horizon so that the antennas can be replaced. Some were worn off, and one was bitten off by the cat 😅
View attachment 158903 View attachment 158904 View attachment 158905
I love the wooden prop!

L Edge

Master member

Use to use the Denight special in Formula 1 pylon racing. Did a beautiful knife edge down the stretch.

Being a low wing, you can use the plane to extend your landing point because of the ground effects. Use to ride in the ground effects if you are short and when you are ready, pull up and out of it and then go into a nose up position so the drag will slow the plane down and give you the landing.

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
I want to know if I can get away with using a 5000mah 4s lipo which weighs 523g instead of a 4s 4000mah lipo which weighs 452g. would a 71 gram difference be problematic? I plan to place an order very soon and would like to increase flight time without decreasing performance by too much. Thanks.