How did you find Flitetest?

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
I was searching youtube for something to tell me how to patch monokote, found Bixler explaining and showing me EXACTLY what I was looking for, been hooked ever since.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I think I first got to HobbyKing by a friends referral. I remember looking at planes like HobbyLobby j5 cub, The Parkzone SuperCub, And the Parkzone Extra 300. Expensive. Then a friend showed me an ad link to the Bixler. On the HobbyKing site I found the Flite Test video for the Bixler, and I started watching, but didn't know there was more about it. Later on I found it again on YouTube, and through YouTube's suggestions there was more: "Oh, hey, there's more!" So I watched enough to tell me the episodes were in chronological (Scott's progression) order, and then I started watching from the very beginning.

I remember that I found FliteTest around September last year - and joined the forum (before it was opened to the public) the first of October 01/10/11.

Extra Fact: If you click on my profile, the link has the number 4 - I'm the fourth guy, after FliteTest, StoneKap, and FlyingMonkey. It makes me feel special in this forum, having "raised since it was just a kid" :p

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
I found FT while looking up clips on different stuff you could do with RC. I think the first episode I watched was the flying cinderblock one. I didn't realise there was a whole series until I inadvertently came across the simple FPV episode and recognised that it was the same guys. I then went to their channel and realised there was a whole season that I'd missed. I watched pretty much all of season 1 in about two days and got stuck in the cycle of hanging out for my Tuesday vid (the curse of being in Aus is that we get everything last - OK maybe NZ does...).

By this stage I'd already found HK through my father-in-law and bought a Tuff Trainer on glydr's recommendation. My forum link number is a pathetic 125. Thanks to the forum, I have a daily routine of checking new posts on the forum, then checking HK's new items and arrivals pages.

Interestingly, my plane collection only contains 3 planes reviewed on FT: the Tuff Trainer (which I bought before I'd discovered FT), a Parkjet (which I wish you guys would do more justice to by revisiting this speed machine) and of course a Bixler. If I could start my collection again however, very few would be taken from outside the FT reviewed planes. I seem to get one type of plane just before FT reviews a similar one of that type!

TommyG

I was on Mikeys RC and read about FT review of the FPV3 and got hooked. Think I spend more time here now than Mikeys RC (Sorry Will)!

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor
I was given a small coaxial heli and I was looking for tips on how to keep the lump of rubbish in the air (no gyros on the early ones) and as I was trawling the tube an episode popped up and that was it, I wanted to fly and keep it fun and cheap and simple and thats exactly FTs aim ......I look forward to each episode

StoneKap

Executive Producer
Admin
Mentor
Unfortunately I can't share my discovery of the show... only my discovery of Bixler... Because Josh Scott is my cousin.

Eric shoots all of the flying footage and 2nd camera on the show. He is a very accomplished videographer that I have always been impressed with. He and I developed a professional relationship that turned into a quality friendship when I was looking to get into the hobby. Eric had been flying for many years. When I told him that I wanted to get into FPV flying, he quickly told me about his childhood friend... Josh Bixler. After that he invited me to come fly with them and that's when I met this intelligent, ambitious and very friendly guy called Josh Bixler.

jelofson

I was researching what to buy for my first rc plane this spring. I had been looking at the HZ champ and came across the champ challenge. I was blown away by the professional quality of the show and really enjoyed the banter between the Joshes. I haven't looked back. I still love my champ as it is such a great plane, but thanks to FT I have built (and sometimes crashed) five scratch-built planes.

Jeffrey Saelee

Airplane Dope
I found out by one time, going to HK's youtube channel and looking through, and seeing a playlist called FliteTest....Went there, watched one, then another, then another....and got hooked XD

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
I didn't know it numbered us. I'm 423 but I did read anonymously for a long time before signing up.

bmsweb

Site Moderator
My son decided he wanted to learn to fly RC Models after seeing my mate JB (jbalatutube) fly an RC Aircraft. Only few years ago I had got rid of all my models and didn't have any thing for him to learn on, so started looking at YouTube videos for ideas and sure enough came across, Josh and Josh! Thomas basically was learning to fly along with Josh Scott. The show was interesting, educational and entertaining. In fact we found ourselves Entertained, Educated and Elevated ;)

I myself was blown away when I realized it was more than just the one episode, visually pleasing pictures (great cinematography) and incredibly entertaining and a lot of fun. I honestly couldn't believe there were a bunch of guys in the US that were making videos of this standard about RC Aircraft!! It didn't take long before we were totally hooked.

My latest discovery is this! and Thomas and I have watched over and over again . . even the wife found it funny :)

oagh

I was looking /searching youtube for flying vids, I found Flitetest, and just keep watching & watching.
well one day I stoped by the forum for Flitetest, and just keep stoping by :)

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
My son decided he wanted to learn to fly RC Models after seeing my mate JB (jbalatutube) fly an RC Aircraft. Only few years ago I had got rid of all my models and didn't have any thing for him to learn on, so started looking at YouTube videos for ideas and sure enough came across, Josh and Josh! Thomas basically was learning to fly along with Josh Scott. The show was interesting, educational and entertaining. In fact we found ourselves Entertained, Educated and Elevated ;)

I myself was blown away when I realized it was more than just the one episode, visually pleasing pictures (great cinematography) and incredibly entertaining and a lot of fun. I honestly couldn't believe there were a bunch of guys in the US that were making videos of this standard about RC Aircraft!! It didn't take long before we were totally hooked.

My latest discovery is this! and Thomas and I have watched over and over again . . even the wife found it funny :)

Now, that's funny right there! Best I have seen of Josh to date. I think Bixler and Scott should switch positions for an episode or 2. Bixler is way more funny than I would have ever thought.

I found FliteTest through Hobby King and Hobby King through X-Jet.

Thurmond

looking for "rc plane" in youtube and i saw "build the bixler".. first video of the serie that i saw.

then i look like 15 vids more and i was impress... couple of minutes later i was ordering my first plane(stinger 64).

thanks for every thing guys(i also miss chad)

g828

Stickman
I think I was looking at the HobbyKingLive channel due to a friend's suggestion of HobbyKing and found Flitetest videos sidelinked on their channel. And after watching one of their episodes, I think maybe it was the Edge 450 or the Kinetic, I was hooked. :)

I was just browsing youtube for build videos on flying wings. I found the video with the Tek Sumo and the Bonsai flying wing and I was pretty much hooked. I must have watched ALL the eppisodes before signing up to the site. Now, I can't wait for mondays so I can watch a new eppisode :)

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Found them from Youtube and the Google machine. Had found another RC series that was somewhat entertaining but didn't have enough content to keep me entertained, found their review on the Hellcat and have been watching ever since Hobbykiing became a sponsor.

3DMad5

I Like SBach 342's
I was looking /searching youtube for flying vids, I found Flitetest, and just keep watching & watching.
well one day I stoped by the forum for Flitetest, and just keep stoping by :)

This is how I found Flite Test aswell, all the way back in summer 2011. I've been hooked ever since, although interestingly, I,ve never bought something based on one of their reviews, and I've never used one of their tips :confused:

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
This is how I found Flite Test aswell, all the way back in summer 2011. I've been hooked ever since, although interestingly, I,ve never bought something based on one of their reviews, and I've never used one of their tips :confused:

Yet you have probably learned a lot more :)