How do I build Neat- Beginner

Liam21j

Hello Everyone,

I am building the Hangars simple stick,
This is my first time building from foam-board
I only have experience from flying pre-builds.

Currently I am cutting out plans that I printed and Im not
sure how to proceed from there onwards I want to build my plane
as neatly and nice as possible.

Any Help and tips will be greatly appreciated

thanks- Liam

Attachments

• Simple Stick V1.4 tiled plans (1).pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 0

Draftman1

It just takes practice,
The ft simple stick video should get you going in the right direction,
They are not same patterns, so some of the part shapes might be different. I would watch a bunch of build videos, you will learn a lot, most build techniques can be used in many planes

JDSnavely

I was told a story about a pottery teacher who broke her class into two groups. One got an "A" for one perfect pot. The other got an "A" for the quantity of pots made (didn't have to be perfect just complete.) No one in the first group got an "A". Everyone in the 2nd group had lots of pots and ALL of them better than the 1st groups pots. Goal- make lots of planes. After your 1st couple they will also be "neat" planes as well. My sons started out making most every FT plan as chuck gliders. Now they can pop out one from scratch like nothing and they look great too! They learned real fast when their blades were getting dull and they were using too much glue.

To me it is very relaxing cutting out a new plane. It reminds me of the leather carving I did as a teenager.

The only downside is having enough electronics to fly them all. We hate to tear apart a damaged plan that can still be glued and flown. These designs are very strong and easily fixed and modified.

Liam21j

I was told a story about a pottery teacher who broke her class into two groups. One got an "A" for one perfect pot. The other got an "A" for the quantity of pots made (didn't have to be perfect just complete.) No one in the first group got an "A". Everyone in the 2nd group had lots of pots and ALL of them better than the 1st groups pots. Goal- make lots of planes. After your 1st couple they will also be "neat" planes as well. My sons started out making most every FT plan as chuck gliders. Now they can pop out one from scratch like nothing and they look great too! They learned real fast when their blades were getting dull and they were using too much glue.

To me it is very relaxing cutting out a new plane. It reminds me of the leather carving I did as a teenager.

The only downside is having enough electronics to fly them all. We hate to tear apart a damaged plan that can still be glued and flown. These designs are very strong and easily fixed and modified.
Thanks I'll try to make more