How do you prefer to hold your transmitter?

Fishbonez

Let's be honest, here. The only way that guy is keeping the helicopter in the air is by confusing the HECK out of gravity! It doesn't know what to do with that thing! :p

I have to agree. One of the reasons I do not enjoy Helis. Too much whipping around. No helicopter will ever fly like that, but who am I to say. I could never do that he is one hell of a pilot. ;)

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
Not straight down, more flat like this guy.
I'm actually meaning more like this guy. It's like the back of the tx is flat against his body...

975c89de.jpg

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
I have to agree. One of the reasons I do not enjoy Helis. Too much whipping around. No helicopter will ever fly like that, but who am I to say. I could never do that he is one hell of a pilot. ;)

RC Planes do things no real plane can do either. Real B-52's can't fly upside down and do hammer heads but models do. Scale helicopters can't do any of those things he's doing either. Flying heli's in 3D form is akin to flying planes in 3D, doing the unbelievable.

Fishbonez

RC Planes do things no real plane can do either. Real B-52's can't fly upside down and do hammer heads but models do. Scale helicopters can't do any of those things he's doing either. Flying heli's in 3D form is akin to flying planes in 3D, doing the unbelievable.

True very true. I call it complete Kaos :cool:

Snoggle

Right now i still use a normal transmitter neckstrap and pinch right stick and thumb left stick (mode 2). When flying 3D indoors i pinch both sticks.

But i will invest in a transmitter pult and a cross strap soon.

fwa2500

Ramp Rat
Have my "keep delta my delta" neckstrap and I use my thumbs. after years of video games, pinch just feels awkward to me. I mean, if I can survive the inevitable tunnel missions in ace combat with my thumbs, they must not be all that bad, lol

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Have my "keep delta my delta" neckstrap and I use my thumbs. after years of video games, pinch just feels awkward to me. I mean, if I can survive the inevitable tunnel missions in ace combat with my thumbs, they must not be all that bad, lol

Yeah, video game controllers have a lot of influence on how you grab the sticks!

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
I've played video games since I was a kid and I still play, but I don't feel that I have the control using my thumbs that I do using the pinch method. I have better fine control, but I find myself more and more using my thumb on top with my finger on the front for support. Seems to evolve as I do different things. I know that when I fly helicopters I definitely use pinch more than thumbs. With planes I seem to be more relaxed and more likely to use my thumb.

I have also noticed though, that when I use other people's tx's who fly with their thumbs, they have the sticks as short as they will go like a game controller. I have my sticks as long as they can go more light flight controls. It's very difficult to fly my tx with your thumbs unless you have huge ape hands like I do. At least that's what my friends tell me.

DejaD

ARG=almost ready to glue
Neckstrap and Pinch. The pinch gives me the illusion that I am more in control of the plane.

Manfet

Mode 2 - Neckstrap - Thumbs
I just can't do it with pinch, feels crazy to me. Guess I have played to much video games on controller too.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
I like to pinch, and I used a neck strap for a little while, but stopped because I like to hold the tx up around the bottom of my ribs, rather than low down near my hips. I guess I hold game controllers the same way.

Oh yeah, I fly mode 1.

oagh

I Pinch the right stick, I Pinch the the left.
and try to use a Neck strap.
I land with Thumbs, or trying to pull out of a crash .
I take off with Thumbs too.when flying a Plane.
with a Heli , its a Pinch all the way

nene

Mode 2, neck strap of awesomeness and I fly with thumbs. I bought some TurboThumbs stick ends from Hobbyking, with which I have more control than with regular stick ends. If I try to fly pinch on my simulator, I crash most of the time. :D

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
I still find myself doing that sometimes. What helps is to tighten up the tension on the rudder detent if you have adjustable thimbles on your transmitter. Makes it harder to input rudder unless you want it.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I still find myself doing that sometimes. What helps is to tighten up the tension on the rudder detent if you have adjustable thimbles on your transmitter. Makes it harder to input rudder unless you want it.

Can you please make a tread on how to do that?

KKArioKA

Epoxi Flyer
Can you please make a tread on how to do that?

get a pickaxe and open your transmitter in 2 halves; then you will see a screw that tightens the rudder gimble .... bite really hard that screw and spin the transmitter till it tightens the way t feels good to you

i hope this helps

:p

really colorex; just open the transmitter and tighten the gimble !

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I'd like to bring up another thing that plays a role in this question - the tightness of the gimbals. I like to have mine pretty tight, so that the center stops can really be felt. That's why I use pinch.

I finally figured out how to do that mod.

Last edited: