How do you record video?

wilmracer

I build things that fly (sometimes)
Mentor
Yep - 1.5 to 2 hours rotting in rush hour traffic to get to a Thursday night summer club meeting held at Poplar Ford. :cry:

This year I plan to try taking a club meeting day off work and spend it all at the field! :D

That's the way to do it. I may do a half day and join you :)

nhk750

Aviation Enthusiast
I actually have three AMA flying fields within 15 miles of the house, but there just isn't that many people that use them. Funny complaining about that, but it does get lonely out there. We have about 50 people in our local flying club at Lake Sawyer Hawks field. Your pretty much are always alone at that field as its a gated closed landfill.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I actually have three AMA flying fields within 15 miles of the house, but there just isn't that many people that use them. Funny complaining about that, but it does get lonely out there. We have about 50 people in our local flying club at Lake Sawyer Hawks field. Your pretty much are always alone at that field as its a gated closed landfill.

Has your club tried doing any coordinated events or flying periods to increase the fun level? We started doing "Combat Skirmish" sessions on the second Saturday of every month that aren't really a formal event but a gathering time for anyone interested in joining or watching some streamer combat. Loads of fun, and there are usually between 3 and 6 people who show up for each one.

Gazoo

Here is my RunCam 2 attached to my hat with velcro. It worked out OK. Here is a video I took with it. Just wanted to see how well the cam would function.
20190530_103457.jpg

There was a fair amount of wind. The FT Flyer did pretty well in it. Broke the prop in the end.

Hat Cam FT Flyer

Hoomi

Master member
I'm another one using the Matecam 808 "keychain" cameras on the planes. They're inexpensive, lightweight, present a minimal forward profile, and - for the cost - take surprisingly nice video. I just attach them to the plane using Velcro, and in over a year and a half of flying, I've never had one come loose in flight. You can get the cameras for under $30 on Amazon. The downside is, there is no wireless capability, so you can't "preview" what your camera is seeing at the time. They do, however, have a bit of fisheye to the lens for a wide-angle. The control button also takes a bit of getting used to, but for the price, that's a minor consideration. Unlike a GoPro, if something happens, I don't have to worry about losing a $200 camera.

This was recorded on an 808 camera.

NayaMode

Here I'm talking about record your desktop screen with camtasia.

Step 1: Choose your recording options
Step 2: Choose the region you want to record
Step 3: Record your desktop with audio (if you want to)
Step 4: Edit your video

Here below define some example of simple edits.

- When you need more time to illustrate a idea, break the clip and use the extension frame to freeze the video basically.
- Add clip speed to speed a boring part of your video, then move the handles to speed it up.

Step 5: Produce and share