How do you store your builds?

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Just to clarify - Hobbico, the parent company of Tower Hobbies is in bankruptcy. Sullivan on the other hand (who makes that awesome recovery bag) is doing just fine. I talked with some of their folks at AMA east last Sunday and we laughed about the completely polarizing effect their recovery bag has on people. He says it's about 60% love, 20% indifference, and 20% pure hate. And why people hate a joke bag is beyond me. :confused:

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
They are in Chapter 11 bankruptcy right now :(

yes, they are in chapter 11 bankruptcy. RCSparksStudio has a great video explaining it. its part of a plan to recover the company. with all the cheap chinese places its hard to compete so they are losing profits. by declaring bankruptcy they can sell the company and keep it alive while also getting out of financial trouble.

Bricks

Master member
Jeremy a friend of mine every time he builds a plane he puts a bag in it, size depends on size of plane he flies a few 35% so he has some big bags.

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
did i ever say how i stored mine? well i hang them on the ceiling. my mom wont let me put up more command strips for more hooks so now they are on shelves and i put up longer strings and have multiple things hanging in a line. a few are in the closet and i have a big net along the ceiling that i shovers 3 planes up in. what i need to do is convince my parents to let me go hang some int he attic. first we would have to finish it, of course. right now it is just insulation and a chimney... yeah thats not gonna happen. guess i just need to get more rope to put between the hooks on my ceiling! ha! :applause::eek:;):cool:

TooJung2Die

Master member
Here's the video where i learned about command hooks.

Thanks for the idea. You helped me reclaim a whole bunch of shelf space in the workshop. So is this where the term "airplane hanger" came from? :)

IMG_0549.JPG

Last edited: