How long does it take to get an order from Flite Test? Bad Customer Service?

ktmrocks

How long does it normally take to get an order from Flite Test?

I live in the Pacific Northwest, and I placed an order for some firewalls and control horns on Monday. It seems that either I entered my email address wrong or FT recorded it wrong in their records. Anyway, I never got a confirmation email saying they received the order. After many attempts to contact FT through their web site, email and customer service number, I finally got through on the phone.

The customer service guy was very helpful and polite and informed me that my email address was wrong in their records. We corrected that problem and I finally got the order confirmation. I was also told that the order would ship out within 24 hours and that a second email would be sent informing me that the order was shipped.

That was Wednesday morning. I still haven't gotten a shipping confirmation.

UPDATE: Flite Test has gone way above the call in resolving this issue. There was apparently a billing error in their system and because they were short staffed, they were not able to get to my inquiries until this morning. Since then they have refunded the purchase price of the items and will be shipping them out for free. I would have never asked or expected them to do that. It speaks volumes of their integrity and makes me feel a little bad for doubting them. Thanks Flite Test! You guys rock!

Last edited:

Crash_Expert

Aerial Photographer
I think they're wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too busy doing all the setup for FliteFest.
Maybe that's why they haven't sent it out?

My $0.02.

C_E

stay-fun

Helicopter addict
When I ordered something, it also took them a week to actually ship it. They're not a professional web store (yet). I think patience is the key (and yes I know how hard that is...)

ktmrocks

Maybe...

I think they're wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too busy doing all the setup for FliteFest.
Maybe that's why they haven't sent it out?

My $0.02.

C_E

Hmm, I can see how that could happen. Some times events take on a life of their own. Before you know it, the event is running you instead of the other way around. We'll see what next week brings.

Is this their first time hosting Flite Fest? If so, that may explain everything.

We'll see.

ktmrocks

When I ordered something, it also took them a week to actually ship it. They're not a professional web store (yet). I think patience is the key (and yes I know how hard that is...)

I am really not bothered so much by the wait. I am a little concerned by the lack of communication. I have done many ebay and craigslist transactions over the internet with PayPal. None of those sellers were professional either. But this is the first time in all my internet-shopping years that I have had a seller completely ignore me.

I will give them the benefit of the doubt that they may be just totally overwhelmed by the Flite Fest event, as Crash_Expert alluded.

Still, if you are going to take someone's money over the internet, you have a responsibility to be available to answer questions.

Well, maybe I'll give it 'til middle of next week. If I haven't heard from them by then, I'll log it as a learning experience and inform my fellow club members of what I learned.

DDSFlyer

I'm not sure how big Flite Fest turned out for a small company Flite Test is. Plus it is their first time running it, it's off site from their factory location, the people on the show are pretty much the people on the phones, doing the packaging, making the product, etc. it may take a little bit to get everything into the bags, but it will be delivered as promised. I'm sure since it was already noticed about a mistake they probably threw Ina sticker or two just for the heck of it. When Flite Fest is over I suggest you make another call and I'm sure you'll speak to a person (probably Alex) and he'll be able to straighten your order out. I dealt with a slight mistake as well on my first order from them a while back and they were so helpful on the phone, got everything to me and even threw in some freebies without telling me. Give them a chance, it's almost like ordering something from HK during Chinese new year and expecting it next day...

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
Yeah, watching the live streams of Flite Fest, they definitely have a lot to do at the moment. The shop is mostly run by the wifes of the crew as they've mentioned in the podcasts and episodes. Without them it would be a lot mor chaotic ;).

They have set up a big tent at FTFF where they are selling stuff. And in the one live cast you could see that people were overrunning that tent :).

It's not only their first event, but they have 500 pilots plus family and guests, so it's not a small event.

smrakocy

I'm not sure when you originally placed your order, but as someone who attended Flite Fest, I can totally understand how they might have missed a call or email leading up to and/or during the event. The turnout was huge and our wonderful northeast Ohio weather didn't decide to to them too many favors. Please give the wonderful Flite Test crew the benefit of the doubt. I'm sure they will make sure to get your order on track and be able to help you out in the next couple of days :)

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Flite Fest.

Flite Fest.

Flite Fest.

I was there when the customer service call was handled on Wednesday. The shop was pure chaos. The staff was working hard to make sure that the hundreds of people who spent lots of time and money traveling to some little down in the middle of nowhere Ohio got what they had come there for.

Jen is back at it already, she left early this morning to go to the shop.

I promise, if you were at Flite Fest, you would have been able to contact them directly. It would have been well worth $10 and all sorts of frustration.

ktmrocks

UPDATE: Situation Resolved - FT Rocks!

UPDATE: Flite Test has gone way above the call in resolving this issue. There was apparently a billing error in their system and because they were short staffed, they were not able to get to my inquiries until this morning. Since then they have refunded the purchase price of the items and will be shipping them out for free. I would have never asked or expected them to do that. It speaks volumes of their integrity and makes me feel a little bad for doubting them. Thanks Flite Test! You guys rock!

Thanks to all of the members that replied to my post. Your comments were very helpful.

Last edited:

DDSFlyer

Flite test does rock! I'm glad you updated us all about this. It helps when someone says something about their bad experience and then actually follows through with whatever resolution instead of just leaving it out there. Glad everything was worked out and hope you enjoy your Flite Test products! Now get out there and have fun!