How long is to long to leave a lipo battery fully charged

sumone

Charged 3 batterys today @ about 11am but wasn't able to go flying this afternoon
is it fine to leave fully charged if i go flying tomorrow @ say 6am ?

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Personally, I try to use them the day I charge them. Any amount of time spent above storage voltage causes degradation, and this degradation is cumulative so minimizing it as much as possible is for the best.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
I store my batteries after charging in a refrigerator as well as prior to charging after returning from the field with flat batteries.

So far the longest I have stored a fully charged battery is about 3 months and so far NO puffing or loss of capacity shown in the past 6 months even though I fly 4 or more days each week.

Since refrigerating my batteries NONE has shown any signs of puffing or loss of capacity and I give my batteries a hard time. For instance I often get a charged capacity of over 2350mA on my 2200 3S LiPo packs.

Keep your batteries cool and they last a great deal longer! Pick one of your batteries and test it over the next few months for yourself.

Just what works for me!

have fun!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
You get that over charge because the internal resistance is off between cells and the charger keeps discharging a cell or two while trying to bring a weaker cell up to full charge.

As for the OP I frequently leave mine charged for a day or so with weather here being so wonky. I do not how ever let them go three days without discharging them a bit with a quick indoor hover for a minute or two. And you can see from my videos I am mean to my batteries and have little problem with them until I have one of them moments where I lose track of mah used on an in the moment flight. In two plus years I have killed maybe 6 batteries between damage from crashing (4) and over discharge (2).

Bricks

Master member
Me I have left them up to a week but I only charge to 95% for my 3D they are 450 mah 3 cells. I have 6 that are 3 years old and am now getting to where I notice a slight difference in flight time but heck these batteries probably have well over 350 cycles on them. I do not get concerned about leaving batteries charged for a few days.