How Many Landings on One Battery?

Hondo76251

Legendary member
How many times can you take off and land on a single battery?

Here's my first attempt:

The plane is UMX Timber, the battery is 280mah 35c 2 cell

I was able to get 32 landings (and one go around :ROFLMAO:) in about 12 minutes. The video is a single take but sped up for time sake... (5 min of touch 'N goes is plenty! lol)

Last edited:

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Alrighty, game on Hondo! I’m going to shoot for 33 landings. We’ll see where I get :LOL:
Awesome! What plane ya got?

I'm hoping to get time here over the 4th to try it with the big FMS Beaver (not sure I'm brave enough to fly that one until I have to dead stick it in though!) :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

ItMightFly

Awesome! What plane ya got?

I'm hoping to get time here over the 4th to try it with the big FMS Beaver (not sure I'm brave enough to fly that one until I have to read stick it in though!) :ROFLMAO:
I’ve got an old slow stick I might use. Just gotta figure out how I’m going to film t all

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Depending on what gear you have, I've even used my cell phone (actually my phone and an extra old one I had around with a cracked screen for extra angles) with a foam board holder of sorts (like a folding picture or card holder)

ItMightFly

Depending on what gear you have, I've even used my cell phone (actually my phone and an extra old one I had around with a cracked screen for extra angles) with a foam board holder of sorts (like a folding picture or card holder)
I’ve got the gear, but I might have to hire my brother to hold the camera. If we keep the competition up, I should invest in a head mount for my GoPro

Hondo76251

Legendary member
I like using my hero session on the head mount. It seems to work better for most filming because, as the pilot, you tend to know better where the plane will be and will naturally turn your head and keep it in frame... I'm going to have some footage from the plane on the next one though too... :)

mayan

Legendary member
I like using my hero session on the head mount. It seems to work better for most filming because, as the pilot, you tend to know better where the plane will be and will naturally turn your head and keep it in frame... I'm going to have some footage from the plane on the next one though too... :)
I recently started using my phone with a tripod, the last time that gave me great footage.

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Alrighty, game on Hondo! I’m going to shoot for 33 landings. We’ll see where I get :LOL:

Might want to make it 43! ;)

After one failed attempt (video will be up shortly) A preliminary run through of the video of my 3rd attempt put it at 42... I should have it up by tomorrow...

ItMightFly

Might want to make it 43! ;)

After one failed attempt (video will be up shortly) A preliminary run through of the video of my 3rd attempt put it at 42... I should have it up by tomorrow...
Okay, do hand tosses count as take offs? I just got 50 landings in but my session died. So it’s just a fishing story for now 😂

ItMightFly

lol, Works for me! been running the 280mAh in the timber... time to go for the 400's! :ROFLMAO:
Wow! Only a 280mAh?! That’s insane efficiency! I’ll have to try and get this next one on recording for it to count. Can’t wait to see where we max out at :LOL:

Hondo76251

Legendary member
I have the 430mAh battery in but I haven't had a chance to fly without any wind yet!

The best I have so far is 48 but I was at 3/4 throttle and higher on almost all of my turn arounds due to the wind (The little timber is quite sensitive to even a slight breeze) so I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get a bit better if I can find a time to fly while its calm (like on my first video!)