How Many Landings on One Battery?

Piotrsko

Master member
The trick is to mostly let the plane slow down and land on it's own with just a wee bit of direction control. Most stable designs ( even the racing ones) land hands off unless they hit something.

L Edge

Master member
@mayan nice!

Im still working on beating my first one, thinking that kitfox would work nicely! 😉

You can improve your numbers by taking off and landing using both sides of the landing spot. That is, use upwind and down wind approaches doing touch and go's.
2) Put your flaps mid range-have maybe 5-7mph wind. Add power, get airborn a few inches, throttle it so it goes backwards, go forward and land. Repeat over and over. With the AS3X, it will do it.

mayan

Legendary member
You can improve your numbers by taking off and landing using both sides of the landing spot. That is, use upwind and down wind approaches doing touch and go's.
2) Put your flaps mid range-have maybe 5-7mph wind. Add power, get airborn a few inches, throttle it so it goes backwards, go forward and land. Repeat over and over. With the AS3X, it will do it.
Number two is cheating 😝

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Well I just saw this challenge, and it looks like a good one! I might wait on my Kitfox to arrive, or maybe I'll do it with my Carbon cub. We'll see...

Hondo76251

Legendary member
I started a modified bushwacker a long time ago that i need to get finished. Would be fun to have a foam board creation in the mix too! (Especially since the kitfox is backordered)

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Well a couple days ago I convinced my buddy to film me doing landings for 35 minutes with my carbon cub! I got about 70 in! Looks like I’m in the lead for now! I’ll upload the vid soon for proof.

OliverW

Legendary member
I got about 20 in 10 minutes on my clip wing with aerobatics in-between the touch wnd goes 😁

Samh

Elite member
I want a funny cub soooo bad! I even have the electronics for one...
They are sooo awesome. STOL and 3D to mild n wild in one airframe. The only thing that I dont like is how weak the gear is. One hard hit to the gear and you either broke the carbon fiber gear legs or the 3d printed axle/gear leg murger thing piece