How much fun are these FT planes!!!

Flynn

Got home from work today and kissed the wife and then said how there is no wind and I'd love to go flying before dinner. She said,"Go for 30mins, dinner is going to be a while" Off to the local soccer field I go with the Spit, Versa and F-22. I changed the prop on the Versa and have been dying to try it. First i flew the F-22, its a perfect warm up for me. Bank and yank and kinda slow. Then I flew the Spitfire, which after some help from you guys and a shim under the top motor mount, it was great to fly. I am really loving the Spitfire after 3 flights. It rolls great, loops and looks awesome in the sky. Then I broke out the wing. I haven't flown it in a while because of the lights I added. I have a 1650kv motor and a changed 7x6 prop, wow! Not only does it sound mean, it moves! and the LEDS make it somewhat alien looking :)

Loving the time I have had flying these FT planes. Thanks so much to FT and to the forum for the great advise!!!

. . . now back to dinner

earthsciteach

You mean the flag drop challenge or the Champ challenge? Both were quite flattering! I'm proudly wearing my FT t-shirt at the moment!

.XxBensterxX.

Intermediate Hobbyist
Lol, talking to both of ya is great! I really am honored. I would love to be in one myself, I try to watch all the videos and Ialways find the one I already watched; Never the ones I didnt. Also, Does either Josh Scott or Josh Bixler reply on this blog?

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
The Joshes and David wander by when they have a reason, but rarely do -- they're pretty busy guys.

Chad's busy too, but he makes a point of checking/replying to the "Ask Chad" thread over in the "Everything Flite Test" section.

Flynn

Lol, talking to both of ya is great! I really am honored. I would love to be in one myself, I try to watch all the videos and Ialways find the one I already watched; Never the ones I didnt. Also, Does either Josh Scott or Josh Bixler reply on this blog?

I sorted by the earliest and watched them that way. Kinda cool to see them in the early days (3 yrs ago, lol)

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Thanks Crafty, your tips were a big help!

No sweat, NZ! Hope it took the fear out of it.

It's a pain getting some planes airborne -- especially on maiden. Learning how to survive a bad launch has turned a few of my almost-crashes into great flights!