How scared are you of something going wrong with your multirotor?

MichaelD33

Flight Enthusiast
I am new to the game. I admit it.
Yet still, I have been flying for 2 years now (on and off. - Mostly off).
I had an AR Drone which felt stable, then I had a bunch of micro quads, and now I have a massive QAV250 with basically the most expensive hardware. I have not yet put FPV on it, but I just feel so worried when I fly it. I don't want to damage something or hurt someone.
What are your mentalities when flying and how do you stay sane?
I may sound a little over exaggerated, and I love flying, but SAFTEY IS MY NUMBER ONE PRIORITY!
Thanks,
Michael

FPVology

Saftey should be your number one priority. Nobody wants to be the guy who puts a black eye on our hobby. You could start by using a spotter. Make sure your failsafes are set also.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Sane? New York City? HA HA HA... :p

Anyhow, I get away from people. I can do that here though, pretty easy. The other thing is having a "beater" quad. Something with the cheapest gear that when you roll it into a ball, you swap out the broken props and get back to flying.

My nice stuff doesn't get flown nearly as often.

MichaelD33

Flight Enthusiast
Sane? New York City? HA HA HA... :p

Anyhow, I get away from people. I can do that here though, pretty easy. The other thing is having a "beater" quad. Something with the cheapest gear that when you roll it into a ball, you swap out the broken props and get back to flying.

My nice stuff doesn't get flown nearly as often.

I am not worried about the quad, its a tool, if it breaks, I will be upset but everything breaks.

Also - I have a house on long island, so I have a lot of open area where I am actually flying. :)

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
I'm MUCH more worried of a fly-away than a crash. I have lost two behind my house. I have hundreds, if not thousands of acres of dense woods behind my house, and if it falls in the summer months, it next to impossible to get to it, let alone recover.

Last edited: