Solved HOW TO CALIBRATE ESC?

Bricks

Master member
Waited better then 3 minutes for video to play got tired of waiting. Did the radio and plane come together, is the receiver and radio compatible, is the radio bound to the receiver, do any of the channels work ie rudder elevator etc?

boogieloo

After which beeps?
The battery and the receiver. Is your ESC connected to the bat. port? You don't need to calibrate the ESC. It should be at zero settings when you hook up. Yeah, I had that problem. How much mAhours of battery to use? Now it's just waiting again. The battery.

Last edited:

Old Pudge

Trying to rescue a brand-new-out-of-the-wrapper ESC & motor. I've now gone thru & resoldered the connectors between ESC and motor. Then recalibrated the ESC three times. It's better than it was, but still starts pulsing or just quits about about 3/4 throttle. Bad motor?? Any suggestions? Thanks in any case.

dap35

Elite member
Trying to rescue a brand-new-out-of-the-wrapper ESC & motor. I've now gone thru & resoldered the connectors between ESC and motor. Then recalibrated the ESC three times. It's better than it was, but still starts pulsing or just quits about about 3/4 throttle. Bad motor?? Any suggestions? Thanks in any case.
It sounds like either your ESC is too small (amperage) or the prop is too big

Old Pudge

It's the 25-amp ESC, motor, & prop that Flitetest supplied in the hardware/electronics kit that they sell w/ that airplane.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
That is always frustrating. Motor Stuttering typically means a bad solder joint, or a loose connection. If the video is what you have, it is the Suppo Style Generic Brand Motor. Didn't catch enough of the ESC. was it a vid of the issue you have (the set of beeps)?

agupt108

Does the ESC beep once after turning off? if yes then the battery needs more charge.

Old Pudge

Many thanks for your replies! The motor is labeled "EMAX 2280-2208kV". I don't recall any beeps from the ESC after power-down & didn't see a video, sorry. However, FliteTest has nicely replaced the ESC & motor, so we'll soon see. I am suspicious of connections & power starvation at high loads. (They wanted me to test it w/out a prop & it ran fine. But w/ the prop, it "pulses" above half throttle.) And I did have to solder on some different connectors to get onto the battery which had a small JST plug that also happened to mate w/ the battery charger. Maybe that little JST plug just wasn't big enough? I'll never know, because now I've cut & soldered new connectors on the battery and the charger.