How to cleaning your drone?

1. a soft cleaning brush
This is for some corners and gaps, and you can also use the pipeline pigging.

2. canning compressed air
This can clean the dirt of some "sensitive parts" such as the electric motor or circuit board around, which would not damage the drones.

3. isopropyl alcohol
This can clean your drone shell in perfect condition, which can wipe out grass stains, blood stains and any other kind of dirt, and would not damage the circuit.

4. ultra-thin fiber cloth
If you want to completely clean the drone by dismantling it, it is necessary to use this cloth as it can perfectly match the isopropyl alcohol.

5. three-in-one all-purpose lubricant
Carry a bottle of three-in-one all-purpose lubricant in case of emergency.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
So my use of fire hose and bag of rice is a bad idea? :p

I picked up a gun cleaning kit that has several size brushes with nylon bristles, brass bristles , and steel bristles as well as lint less cloths. Between that and alcohol everything is good. I am also going to experiment this spring with a VERY light coating of Vaseline on all frontal areas prone to holding grass. I don't fly in sandy areas (so far) and I will still be able to pull the grass off before it dries and sticks. The Vaseline will keep it from drying on and sticking making it harder to clean. I of course will test it on old or spare parts first to see if it does damage or becomes to messy.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
My process has always been

1) Blow dirt out of motors
2) Wipe off spittle with sleeve
3) Wipe lens cleaner cloth across camera lens
4) Fly more

:p

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I guess this qualifies for that badge?

green stuff on quad.jpg

Dixie Curto

oh man I really hate it when it comes to cleaning drone they should be like immune to dust. i mostly covers weeding event, so it didn't get to much dusty.

Last edited:

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Hey PsyBorg. I see on the front of the above quad you have one of those beeper LED boards that of which one of our community members has an abundance. What is your opinion of it?

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
What, clean? How will people know how many bushes I've trimmed.

In the case where a motor gets filled up with dirt or sand I prefer some canned air or me with a straw.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Ohh sorry Jim not sure how I missed that question mate. I LOVED that board set up. the leds are nice and bright even in day time and the beeper is plenty loud to find a downed quad out in a deep Alfalfa field.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Ohh sorry Jim not sure how I missed that question mate. I LOVED that board set up. the leds are nice and bright even in day time and the beeper is plenty loud to find a downed quad out in a deep Alfalfa field.
Would you recommend it for the Gremlins?