how to connect a flysky FS-i6 to Skyzone 02X goggles for headtracking or how to use headtracking at all?

nanonatron

hello,

I want to buy a Skyzone 02X for Christmas and already have a pan and tilt gimbals.
The skyzone has a ppm signal out cable in for of a PS2 connector... So can I just plug it in to my transmitter and assign a channel or so (I don't know how to do the channel stuff so I would appreciate it if you guys could tell me how to do so) or do I need to buy a separate receiver or so?

Ihichi Bolls

I just got a set of the new skyzones. They come with a few different cables for the head tracking and various radios. All you do is go into the menu in the goggles and turn on headtracking and assign what ever combination of channels 5,6,7 or 8 you wish to use. Then all you do is assign those channels in your radio and make sure direction, speed, rotation are set to meet your needs. Plug the goggles into the radio and your good to go.

nanonatron

so I simply plug it in? My question now is how to assign the channels, I already more or less said in my first post that I don't know how to do that stuff. Will there be a new function setup or so, where I can assign them ? But thanks for helping ;)

nanonatron

so I simply plug it in? My question now is how to assign the channels, I already more or less said in my first post that I don't know how to do that stuff. Will there be a new function setup or so, where I can assign them ? But thanks for helping ;)
Ihichi Bolls wait... I simply have to assign those two ppm channels as aux channels right?

FDS

Elite member
The head tracking simply follows the channels you have plugged the pan and tilt servos into, so if you put them in channel 5 and 6 then tell the goggles it’s those it needs to use. They don’t need to be set in the TX unless you want stick/pot control of the pan and tilt as well. I am assuming it’s a plane this is in.

nanonatron

The head tracking simply follows the channels you have plugged the pan and tilt servos into, so if you put them in channel 5 and 6 then tell the goggles it’s those it needs to use. They don’t need to be set in the TX unless you want stick/pot control of the pan and tilt as well. I am assuming it’s a plane this is in.
so did I understand it right?:
if the servos are connected to channel 5,6... You have to assign the Google's channels to the according transmitter channels. By doing that you don't have access to the channels, for that you have to assign the channels as a AUX. Channel.

But the transmitter has to be connected to the goggles via a cable

Ihichi Bolls

You DO want to edit the settings in the radio.......

Trust me you do NOT want your pan and tilt servos moving at full speed specially when under the goggles. You also have to set travel distances to work with how much head motion you want to use.

Depending on your transmitter you can set the tracker as if you were in the cockpit turning your hear normally. If you leave it at full speed and full deflection the slightest movements gonna whip the camera all over the place. Its easy to adjust if you have a taranis or any open tx driven radio. Not sure how the other systems do it tho.

Reactions: FDS

FDS

Elite member
Read the manual, the servo setting in the FS6i isn’t too hard. You can set the endpoints in a single screen.
Good video here

nanonatron

Read the manual, the servo setting in the FS6i isn’t too hard. You can set the endpoints in a single screen.
Good video here
thanks for the video... I already watched it, but maybe I find it out while watching it again

nanonatron

Trust me you do NOT want your pan and tilt servos moving at full speed specially when under the goggles. You also have to set travel distances to work with how much head motion you want to use.

Depending on your transmitter you can set the tracker as if you were in the cockpit turning your hear normally. If you leave it at full speed and full deflection the slightest movements gonna whip the camera all over the place. Its easy to adjust if you have a taranis or any open tx driven radio. Not sure how the other systems do it tho.
oh ok.

nanonatron

so what do I need to do? make that the sevo isn't that fast or not moving that far?

Ihichi Bolls

With your radio you will probably only be able to set the movement range using endpoints for each channel. You might have to do so reading or watch other videos to learn more about your radio. will be faster then posting and waiting for basic information. Then come back here when you have all the gear in hand.

nanonatron

With your radio you will probably only be able to set the movement range using endpoints for each channel. You might have to do so reading or watch other videos to learn more about your radio. will be faster then posting and waiting for basic information. Then come back here when you have all the gear in hand.
ok... but yes it only suport endpoints