How to create a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
First, select the section of the forum that best fits the topic you'd like to speak about. In this case, I'm writing about how to post a new thread. This would go into the "Forums 101" section.

It is important to note that the section titled "Flite Test Articles" will not accept new threads by anyone who isn't on the Flite Test staff. If you try to start a thread in that section, it goes into a limbo area, until approved, or moved by a moderator.

Select forum.jpg

Then click on the +Post New Thread icon.

post new thread.jpg

Then write a title that best describes what you want your posting to be about. Avoid titles like "HELP" that don't include what it is you want help with. If you're having trouble with a certain brand of servo, include that information so someone that might know about that problem, would be more inclined to click on your thread title.

Also, try to get to the topic as early into the posting as possible. A long back story and or explanation might cause the reader to lose interest and leave, before getting to your question.

start your new thread.jpg

Last, but not least, once you've completed your posting, and are ready for people to view it, click on the "Submit New Thread" icon. Your thread should now be available for everyone to see, read, and reply to.

submit new thread.jpg

Thanks for wanting to participate in the Flite Test forums. We hope you enjoy your experience here.

usman123

First, select the section of the forum that best fits the topic you'd like to speak about. In this case, I'm writing about how to post a new thread. This would go into the "Forums 101" section.

It is important to note that the section titled "Flite Test Articles" will not accept new threads by anyone who isn't on the Flite Test staff. If you try to start a thread in that section, it goes into a limbo area, until approved, or moved by a moderator.

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
Once you create a thread, is there a way to edit it's title?

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Yes, you can select Edit Post, then select Go Advanced, then you should be able to edit the title.

Fred

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
I meant the title of the thread not the title of the first post of the thread. I changed that but the thread title remains the same.

TexMechsRobot

Posted a thousand or more times
The image isn't working for me and I still can't seem to figure out how to edit the main title of the thread. I can change the title of the original post but that is all.

Is there any way to change the title of the thread?

ClaytonKurtz

Is there any way to delete a thread?

Hello, i have posted a thread in the wrong area and was wondering on how to delete it?

Status
Not open for further replies.