How to fix a damaged LiPo balance plug?

Austinthemighty

so i went to flu my VersaCopter yesterday and everything was fine, but quad went into fail safe and had a hard crash with the props still spinning, and i think the battery charger lead got thrown around and the prop hit it, here is what it looks like, the tape is so the two leads don't touch and short (already happened once) GOPR2665.JPG

Does any one know how to fix this?

localfiend

I like 3D printers...
Mentor
so i went to flu my VersaCopter yesterday and everything was fine, but quad went into fail safe and had a hard crash with the props still spinning, and i think the battery charger lead got thrown around and the prop hit it, here is what it looks like, the tape is so the two leads don't touch and short (already happened once) View attachment 71379

Does any one know how to fix this?

Cut the plug off and solder on a new one. Make sure you cut each wire individually. Don't want to be shorting anything with your wire cutters. I'm sure if you google around you can find balance connectors for sale. That or ask around, maybe someone has a bad lipo you can steal the connector off of.

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
You can buy balance plugs at places like Hobbyking. Just buy a new plug and swap the connector part only if the wires are intact. Otherwise do as localfiend suggests, and be careful with the wires.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I just ordered a pack of 10 from Amazon that were cheap and got here really fast when I was rewiring my Versa so that is another option.