How to fly.

Bobo

Hi,
I am am a complete starter at RC quad copters and I a building a SK450 quad. I am 13 and my dad said that before I can put 400 dollars in the air, I need to practice flying first. What is a cheap off the shelf quad copter that I can use to practice. I would like if it were under 60 dollars. I am using a 9XR transmitter for the build, but I would like if the cheap one came with a transmitter too.

Thank you.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
I have a WL Toys V929 and it works with my Turnigy 9X and so far has been absolutely indestructible.

Thurmond

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
Love those SYMAs. I got into electrics with the 107Gs.

Burned a few dozen hours tweaking them to no end for more air time and agility. Even put a 808#11 on one. Jello city :p

3-S107G.jpg

Notail.jpg

FPV.jpg

kah00na

I have a WL Toys V929 and it works with my Turnigy 9X and so far has been absolutely indestructible.

Thurmond
Me too. A WL Toys V929 with my Turnigy 9x is where I started. If you learn to fly a v929, then a full size tricopter will seem easy.

Bobo

Thanks for the the helpful replies. I am hoping it would also come with a transmitter.
Thanks.

kah00na

banggood.com sells the v929 with or without a transmitter. I bought it with the transmitter but it does also work with the Turnigy 9x.

zev

lumpy member
man, the s107, my first rc love as well. that thing is awesome. indestructible. just wish it was RC not IR… gotta know, how did it fly sans boom? :confused:

they do have some funky stuff with prop wash and cheap gyros, so descending is always scary, but certainly fun.

if you do get a v929, I recommend pulling the booms out a little bit (longer booms = more stable) and CA them there. if you don't, they may snip the wires in a crash, like happened to mine. otherwise though, they are virtually indestructible.
they do have some funky stuff with prop wash and cheap gyros, so descending is always scary, but certainly fun.

if you want it, here is (to the best of my knowledge) the cheapest source for v929's. mine came safe, sound, and quick. and the free shipping cant be beat: http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-W...uadcopter-Dexterous-Mini-UFO-RTF-p-46172.html

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
No rear boom it has one mode. . .forward and fast. Plus you get another couple minutes of air time. I also moved the batteries as far forward as possible for an additional bit of speed. But that pretty much removes ability to go backwards even with a boom. All you can do is hover with the right stick all the way back.

zev

lumpy member
yah, I upgraded mine to a bigger battery, plus removing all those silly struts in the back. both of those things made it near impossible to hover. still loads of fun.

that all ended when the cat peed in the remote (AGGHHAGG)