How to get more power?

Lubis

Hi

I currently have a hexacopter with Turningy Basic 25A ESCs, RC-Timer 2830-14 750kv motors and 11x47 props. Which is the best way of getting more power from the copter?
I know the motors are rated to fly best with 30A ESCs, but I dont feel like replacing six ESCs if I should replace my motors anyway, which might be rated for more powerful ESCs.

What would you guys do? Other props, other motors, other ESCs or perhaps go for 4S batteries instead of my beloved 2200mah 3S?

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
First define more power. Do you want a more responsive copter or one capable of carrying more load?

The specs for that motor use a 12X6 prop with a 2S battery and a 9X6 with a 4S battery. You are probably ok with those ESC's unless you go to a much bigger prop. The best way to test different battery, ESC, Prop combinations is to get an inline wattmeter so you can "see" what is actually going on in terms of power. This can tell you many different things.
Is your battery capable of supplying the required current (is C rating of the battery high enough?)
Is your ESC capable of supplying enough current?
Does your motor have too large a propeller?
There are online calculators to give you approximate figures BUT the only way to know for sure is get a watt meter and do real world testing.

The general rule for multicopters for FPV/AV Flying is Large Frame, Low KV motors and Big Props.
For Performance/Stunt flying you want a 40C or greater battery, High Speed ESC's (SimonK or others), High KV motors (2200 to 2600KV) and around 8" props. For stunt flying the smaller frames are best (Around 355mm or so).

Thurmond

Lubis

I'm using the hex for FPV photo so the aerobatics isn't important.

Now I hover at about 60% throttle which could be better if I had more thrust, so I guess a better loadcarrying copter is what I'm looking for.

As for the hardware I have a pretty large frame and I'm using 3S nano-techs so the C-rating should be enough.

Wade's RC Hangar

Forever Noob
I'm using the hex for FPV photo so the aerobatics isn't important.

Now I hover at about 60% throttle which could be better if I had more thrust, so I guess a better loadcarrying copter is what I'm looking for.

As for the hardware I have a pretty large frame and I'm using 3S nano-techs so the C-rating should be enough.

I would check the C rating to make sure. If it is like 20 or 25c, I would buy a battery that has a higher C rating before spending all of the money on new motors. But like it was stated earlier, watt meters are the way to go.

Lubis

I would check the C rating to make sure. If it is like 20 or 25c, I would buy a battery that has a higher C rating before spending all of the money on new motors. But like it was stated earlier, watt meters are the way to go.

OK. I'll get me a wattmeter. And perhaps a few more nano-techs. You can never get enough of batteries =)