How to glue up a wing with Gorilla Glue:

Um... :rolleyes:

IMG_0795.JPG

I should have asked this same question last night. Tried the same thing on my Mini Mustang and the airfoils are uneven :oops:
But It wan't really a question.
I've built just a couple sets of wings so far but with this one I think I've figured out my uneven airfoil issues. One of the things is you want the bottom plate to finish flat - if I don't weigh down the leading edge really well, AND make sure the leading fold will take a good crease, the bottom plate tends to curve up a bit to meet the leading edge.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
if I don't weigh down the leading edge really well, AND make sure the leading fold will take a good crease, the bottom plate tends to curve up a bit to meet the leading edge.
I always allow the TE of the wing to over hang the edge of a table. I put the end of the bottom plate flush with the edge of the table. It’s vital to keep the LE weighted down to avoid a twist in the wing.

I always allow the TE of the wing to over hang the edge of a table. I put the end of the bottom plate flush with the edge of the table. It’s vital to keep the LE weighted down to avoid a twist in the wing.
Yeah. Hey are you saying your trailing edge will finish lower than your bottom plate? I've been pretty much designing these to be a flat straight line across the bottom because I don't know any better.

Aireal Anarchist

Elite member
You made sandbags!
Sweet! (Pun intended.)
@Aireal Anarchist can you answer my carbon fiber question? https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/advice-on-carbon-fiber.63412/
yeah and I actually have a couple tons of sand on the property, but it was pouring out and I got lazy, but in retrospect I thought it would be a good thing to post for city builders....sugar/sand bags out of the kitchen

I did read your post twice, but I have a mental block with it ....dont quite understand what your up to ....can you post quickie drawing on that thread

FeWolf

Use Velcro strap, you will get eh shape even and correctly, you are applying too much weight which will cause foam warp and the objects and layout you are using from picture will even cause your issue, simple system I use, I pretty much stopped using hot glue and when I do it is to tact something down, I use foaming and non foaming glue.
IMG_20200522_060108619.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200522_060055720.jpg
    IMG_20200522_060055720.jpg
    927.2 KB · Views: 0