How to make plans from cad model

Lundev

Hi,
I can design in cad and use a cam (I am using Fusion 360) but I absolutly don't know how to make plans for foam out of the cad model.
How are you guys doing it ? I don't expect it to be an automatic process but want to know the workflow of going from cad model to plan (if it is even possible).
Thanks in advance.

Flying Monkey fab

Elite member
For designing for the the real world I suggest bottom up design, top down can be made to work but bottom up seems to work much better. Design your parts and then fit them together in your model.
Now discover the drawings module and you can output it any way you want. With time and learning that is.

Lundev

Thanks for the tips, I was mainly wondering how to make a 3d model be foldable with foam, is ther a tool for it or do I have to do it by hand (in inskape for example) ?

Flying Monkey fab

Elite member
Besides the sheet metal modules there is a addin called Slicer. I doubt that would get usable output from it but it may well add some inspiration.

Lundev

I am not restraining myself to CAD only but since I know how tu use it and I have absolutly don't know how to ise ilustrator/inkscape I was wondering is there a way to do it in CAD.
Thanks for all your tips I will look into SU and Unrauv design.