How to make Rasterize style skins

Taildragger

Legendary member
Does anyone have a decent guide or "how to" on how to make rasterize style skins? I would like to make some for my Mig-29 and a couple of other models. I have started learning that I actually like building with something similar to those as opposed to plans/templates.
Step 1: download Inkscape
Step 2: open plans in Inkscape
Step 3: color on top of plans in Inkscape

SSgt Duramax

Step 1: download Inkscape
Step 2: open plans in Inkscape
Step 3: color on top of plans in Inkscape
How do I color a camoflauge pattern over? I think the answer lies in masking or something like that. I basically want to put a "ghost camo" within the confines of my plans, then drop over panel lines, a canopy, and roundels. I know how to take the paint bucket and drop it into a confined space. I already have SVGs of all of my plans since I designed them in inkscape.

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
Here is an Article I found here, https://www.flitetest.com/articles/foam-board-that-looks-great . I personally Size a pattern(camo, whatever) to the size of a sheet of foamboard and then lay my plan pieces on top of that, you can then add rondelles, insignias, rivet lines etc on top of that. I really don't do skins with the kind of detail as Rasterize so I don't really have a guess as to his approach is, if I did do skins like that I would probably look for quality 3 view images of the plane I was wanting to build and scale, edit, etc to fit the plans I had for that plane.