How to move Planes?

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Hi all, this seemed like the best place for this. I am about to relocate across country, and I was wondering if anyone here on the forums has ever relocated, or has any tip on how to safely box-up planes. I'm only planning on only keeping like 3 planes due to the fact that they all look very good and I've put the most amount work into them. The rest of 'em are just a couple bucks worth of foam...

So I was just going to put them in a box with a bunch of newspaper and put FRAGILE on the box. Do you have any tips or ideas?

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Just make it a BIG box and wrap the planes in as much "Bubble wrap" as you can afford and fit in the box. If tghe wings are removable then do so prior to wrapping.

Do not pack the Radio transmitter , the batteries, or anything else that is heavy in the same box. If the box is a cardboard box I recommend that you line the box with plywood or at least FB to stop those accidental stab type intrusions from damaging your planes.

If possible, mark the box/es, "TOP LOAD ONLY" or they might have everything packed on top of the box including your furniture,

Final thing to do is to hope and pray for them whilst they are in transit!

Have fun, and GOOD LUCK!

Liam B

Also, paper sheets work nicely for dampening. That’s what I used for the P-82, so I’ll tell you how it works out when I get it at Flite Fest

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Just make it a BIG box and wrap the planes in as much "Bubble wrap" as you can afford and fit in the box. If tghe wings are removable then do so prior to wrapping.

Do not pack the Radio transmitter , the batteries, or anything else that is heavy in the same box. If the box is a cardboard box I recommend that you line the box with plywood or at least FB to stop those accidental stab type intrusions from damaging your planes.

If possible, mark the box/es, "TOP LOAD ONLY" or they might have everything packed on top of the box including your furniture,

Final thing to do is to hope and pray for them whilst they are in transit!

Have fun, and GOOD LUCK!
I'm definitely using the plywood method!

Also, paper sheets work nicely for dampening. That’s what I used for the P-82, so I’ll tell you how it works out when I get it at Flite Fest
Thanks!

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
All packed up.

a.jpg

Finger crossed:)

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Good luck and safe travels mate. Be sure to bring or buy some long johns. You WILL need them in the not too distant future.

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Well I'm Very proud to say that I arrived in my new location so did the planes and the worst damage was the vertical stabilizer on a mini scout was off by 5-7 degrees.

There is also a baseball diamond within walking distance from my house!

DMC RC

DMC RC
Congrats! I love that my primary flying field is a 8-10 minute walk down a side street from my house. The only issue is I have to walk uphill on the way back :rolleyes:. good for my exercise... going to a school on a seep hill for 6 years and having to climb many many flights of stairs carrying a heavy backpack has trained me well though.