How To Power FPV w/ FrSky FLVSS

BlowBoaterJoe

Good Day All!

Recently got myself a new Strix Stratosurfer and after a few flights would love to add FPV.

Only problem is I have a FLVSS module for smartport which utilizes the balance lead on my 3s 5000mAh lipo.

Any recommendations on how to bypass this? I was considering a 3s Y cable, but am unsure if this will mess with the FLVSS.
Also considered adding an small extra lipo but I'd have no way of monitoring the second lipo and it adds weight (also not quite sure what size mAh to get).

All help would be appreciated, thanks!

Joe

FroggerJon

I landed it!
I have a y-harness off of my main power lead for most of my fixed wing fpv ships. This pic is from my Micro SkyHunter.

20180220_144048.jpg

Last edited:

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
couple different ways. If i was scratch building i would have soldered a jst pigtail off of the xt60 connector (or whatever your battery connector is). If you feel comfortable you could cut the battery lead and solder a pigtail off of that and put it back together. You could get a male and female version of your battery connectors, solder them back to back making a "butt" connector with a lead coming off of it and you wouldnt need to cut any wires in your plane. Or What i have done sometimes is use a dedicated little 2s 450mah battery dedicated to the fpv. Most fpv stuff is going to be very low amp draw so should last a long time.