Help! How to set up Elevons on Zorro

UI6D

Im very new to this and trying to set up elevons but my servos go the same direction on both elevator and aileron

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
There are 8 combinations of normal or reverse aileron, normal or reverse elevator and switching which servo is in which channel. One of those 8 will work correctly.

UI6D

There are 8 combinations of normal or reverse aileron, normal or reverse elevator and switching which servo is in which channel. One of those 8 will work correctly.
Im not sure what you mean is there a way to reverse elevator inputs but not the aileron inputs on the same channel

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
.... is there a way to reverse elevator inputs but not the aileron inputs on the same channel
Yes, the elevator and aileron channels can be reversed independently.
The reversal will effect both servos. One combination will give you the correct results.
You need to systematically go through the combinations until it works.

quorneng

Master member
U16D
Just remember there is no elevator and aileron in an elevon set up. Either servo could do either but as Merv points out only one combination of receiver channel position and servo reverse will give the right result.

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
Im very new to this and trying to set up elevons but my servos go the same direction on both elevator and aileron
typically your going to need to have the elevator input to the mix reversed for one of the elevons and not the other, and no reverse for both ailerons (or both reversed)

you would do that in the mixing tab.

you should be able to find someone that will show you screen by screen how to set it up here (I don't have time to check them to give a specific recommendation)