Solved How to set-up my cub ?

Maxx

Allo everyone !
I'm about to put the servos on my Simple cub . Since this will be my first time flying a rc plane , I was wondering if I should use only 3 channels at first or go with all four channel right away . If I go with 3 channels , do I use Elevator/Rudder/Throt or Ailerons/rudder/Throt ? Any other advice ?
Thank you !

Maxx

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
If I was you I would go with all 4 channels, just because you have all four hooked up and equipped doesn't mean you need to use them all. You can run a 3 channel aileron/elevator/throttle (AET, or bank and yank) all day long and not touch the rudder, the left thumb is just for throttle. Or opposite you could play with the rudder/elevator/throttle (RET) all day long as well. Then as you progress you can introduce yourself to controls you already have, whenever you like.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I've done the cub as both - both fly great! 3ch is one less thing to worry about, so I'd probably go RET.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
True, but learning how to fly "full house" is how I would personally start someone as it is just as easy as learning 3 channel
Yeah, I guess so, but if you’re just starting out you’re probably just gonna be using the right stick to turn for a while - at least that’s what I did. Ailerons are super easy to add later too.