How was FliteFest Ohio 2019?

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
Hey everyone!

I wasn't able to go to FliteFest this year.:(:cry: I was just wondering what everybody's experience was? How did combat go? Who did the Radian Fun Fly?

Can't wait to hear how FF was?

-Jeremy

Tronglodon

It was great!
MVIMG_20190711_081501.jpg

My kid chatting with Josh Bixler.
IMG_20190711_151810_01.jpg

Build tent.
IMG_20190711_144350.jpg

Storm coming.
IMG_20190711_153914_01.jpg

The swamp in the build tent. It got 3 or 4 inches deep before it started receding.
IMG_20190711_215218.jpg

Night flying viewed from our campsite.
IMG_20190712_161529.jpg

IMG_20190712_190333.jpg

Dang good food.
IMG_20190712_170244.jpg

Ft Commuter.
MVIMG_20190712_220611.jpg

Light up Storch, named The Night Sun since it was probably the brightest plane there.
MVIMG_20190712_222025.jpg

Tiny Whoop party.
IMG_20190713_115827.jpg

Tiny Trainer plus chuck glider improvised from the leftover pieces.
463995240.png

FT Arrow for combat.
IMG_20190713_202535_894.jpg

FT Arrow after combat. It had crashed and been rebuilt three times before this, I decided to bring it home like this and hang it on the garage wall as a trophy.
MVIMG_20190713_145332.jpg

Big crowd for the group picture after Saturday afternoon combat.

Tronglodon

Holy cow, there were a LOT of people there!!! I might have to talk my dad into making the trek with me next year, or hopefully they end up with a FFW (and if that happens, I can almost guarantee a contingent of my RC club making the trek to a west coast location!)
It was a great experience, but I honestly don't know if I could manage to get back to Ohio again. Add me to the list hoping for another FFW!

b-29er

Honestly this may have been my best Flite Fest yet, i've been going for 4 years. We had a day of rain, which i predicted, but not the rain/tornado warning/flash flood warning that turned it into a temporary mudfest, but it wasn't horrid heat all week, and it wasnt mudfest all week. Was a great way to see old friends, meet new folks and do some flying.

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
I was AWESOME my second time going to FF my first time at Flite Fest East, It was a whole different event compared to Flite Fest South.
P1270657.JPG

Arriving in a downpour.

P1270684.JPG

First crash due to the battery ejecting.

P1270701.JPG

P1270704.JPG
P1270710.JPG

Long exposure night shots.

P1270725.JPG

Continuing the tradition of building a square plane at FF and putting it into combat.

P1270733.JPG

Technically I hit him.

P1270727.JPG

Veterans Airshow.

P1270748.JPG

Raised $110 for charity.

Here are a couple vids from combat.
Taking out the airliner (most of the video was me just gliding around so I just showed the impact)
Pink Kraken (Here is the the whole battle of taking out the Pink Kraken, I got a prize for taking it out and got the new P-47 SBK)

b-29er

1563251328405.png

That airliner was the funniest scale-looking plane of the show. He ran that thing on i'm assuming a multirotor motor/prop, but it was underpowered. So it would make this noise like someone was really hauling some mail the entire time and you go to look, and its just this quantas jet, putzing along above the grain, struggling at full power to stay aloft.

@Grifflyer nice job on punisher, simple but effective.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Thursday was hot and muggy followed by a lot of rain in the PM. Friday was very muddy, still hot and muggy. Saturday, the mud began to firm up and it cooled a bit. Sunday, perfect weather.

All things considered, it was yet another GREAT Flight Fest. Captain Mavic did an excellent job of documenting the event, here are just a few.
Be sure to check out the rest of his FF videos on YouTube.

Last edited:

Wildthing

Legendary member
I was AWESOME my second time going to FF my first time at Flite Fest East, It was a whole different event compared to Flite Fest South.

Arriving in a downpour.

First crash due to the battery ejecting.

Long exposure night shots.

Continuing the tradition of building a square plane at FF and putting it into combat.

Technically I hit him.

Veterans Airshow.

Raised $110 for charity.

Taking out the airliner (most of the video was me just gliding around so I just showed the impact)
Pink Kraken (Here is the the whole battle of taking out the Pink Kraken, I got a prize for taking it out and got the new P-47 SBK)

That was excellent, Pinky was sure a tough plane to take down

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose

View attachment 136206
Raised $110 for charity.

The Punisher was relentless and determined. Nicely Done! :cool:

kdobson83

I was only able to make it Saturday. The wife has never been interested in my hobby so I talked her into going Saturday and then Cedar Point on Sunday. The cool thing is, she had a blast! She said we will have to stay longer next year and bring the kids!! So win for me!! Combat was amazing even tho I got knocked out of the sky 4 of 4 times due to too many people using Spektrum, guessing I was getting lock outs. Lost connection and fluttered to the ground after 2 minutes each time... Here I am in the swarm trying not to bring this f22 home. Lol
Capture+_2019-07-17-07-11-20.png

Just putzing around with the bloody wonder
IMG_20190715_142823_01.jpg

Here I am with Bixler trying not to take too much of his time.
IMG_20190715_135406_01.jpg

Heres me and the wife having fun!
IMG_20190715_142901_01.jpg

It was awesome! Will be doing Friday through Sunday next year! And will be using my Flysky i6x for combat next year too.

basslord1124

Master member
Looks like everyone had an awesome time! Hoping to be there next year.

Reminds me of a funny story about Josh Bixler that I heard on a podcast. It was at one of the Flitefest's, and Josh was with his wife Jen in one of the tents. Apparently Josh had to go in the back for something, but never came out. When Jen went to check on him a while later, he apparently found a spot and basically fell asleep from exhaustion. Jen let him have some time to sleep and when people asked where he was, she just said something like, "oh you know him, he's probably running around here somewhere". :) I'd imagine that man does get tired at these events.