How would I speed up my yaw rate?

Hasersys

I would like to faster yaw. I have a Hk flight board. 750kv motor, 2200 lipo, hk6s txrx, I have 11x4.7 props. I am wondering how I can increase the speed of my yaw axis. I have searched the forum but havent found any thing.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I would like to faster yaw. I have a Hk flight board. 750kv motor, 2200 lipo, hk6s txrx, I have 11x4.7 props. I am wondering how I can increase the speed of my yaw axis. I have searched the forum but havent found any thing.

Mechanically - you need to make the motor tilt more, this is done by extending the servo arm.

I have a similar problem, it's faster one way and slower the other way. But I don't know how to fix my own problem :S .

Hasersys

Forgot to mention I am flying a quad, I do not enjoy posting on forums from my iPhone. I have heard it can be done by the length of the props, but I will not go any longer than a 11" prop.

SteveOBHave

It's a mass related thing - you either swing a bigger prop or use a heftier motor/change the motor speed more rapidly. The other way is to lighten the mass that you're trying to twist, i.e. the frame itself.

Hasersys

It's a mass related thing - you either swing a bigger prop or use a heftier motor/change the motor speed more rapidly. The other way is to lighten the mass that you're trying to twist, i.e. the frame itself.

:applause: awesome thanks! That is it. My frame is strong but very heavy. I built it tough so I could train on it. It flys very well, and the plan was to learn on it then buy a nice light frame. I am going to continue using it a little longer until I feel comfortable then I will get a new frame. As I get better I am wanting a little more speed. Thankfully the frame has gone through a buch of hard crashes and been fine, but I am almost ready to move on.