Howard DGA-6 aka Mr. Mulligan

Howard DGA-6 aka Mr. Mulligan 2.0

Please log in to download

mayan

Legendary member
mayan submitted a new resource:

Howard DGA-6 aka Mr. Mulligan - FTFC20 Howard DGA-6 aka Mr. Mulligan (Racing) designed by Mayan

My (@mayan) design for the FTFC20 Challenge converting the Howard DGA-6 balsa plans into a foam board design based on the building techniques that the FT team uses including some modified simplified version of the recently released master series techniques.

GENERAL SPECIFICATIONS
WINGSPAN: 1097.28 mm | 43.2 in
CG from wing leading edge: 30 mm | 1.18 in
DRY WEIGHT: 453 g | 15.97 oz
EXPO: 30 %
CHANNELS: 4 (THR | AIL | ELV | RUD)

TESTED SETUPS
SERVOS: 5g or 9g...

Read more about this resource...

mayan

Legendary member
IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION!
I went over the plans that I submitted again this morning less tired and I see some things that might confuse people trying to build it so here are a few comments for you to make sense of things that are missing.

Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 9.28.24 AM.png

Don't cut the black axis lines on all the pieces that have them, those are placed there for reference of the true axis line up.

Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 9.28.34 AM.png

The top piece out of these two needs to have creases made to it on the black lines NOT cuts, the bottom piece stays uncreased/untouched.

Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 9.29.33 AM.png

This is the wing leading edge fold over area, that needs to be 50% scored and then double beveled on both sides of it.

Some pieces have cavities on them that need to be cleared out. On some pieces this was marked exactly like FT does on some pieces not, so bellow are pictures of some pieces that need cavities cleared on them between the 5mm or 10mm lines. I might have forgotten some but I think you get the idea :).

Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 9.29.23 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 9.38.55 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 9.38.00 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 9.38.39 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 9.38.48 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 9.38.25 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 9.38.19 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 9.38.15 AM.png

Last edited:

mayan

Legendary member
URGENT NOTICE
Today I went out to the field with my new set of wings that was using these plans and realised that I might have uploaded a wrong file or haven't updated back from a print file into the originals, one way or the other I realised the problems. The top and bottom parts of the wing are not carrying a consistent wing cord, the top part is missing 1 cm to it making it not sit properly in the wing bed on the fuselage. The bottom is too long by 1 cm making it interfere with the ailerons. Sooo I have fixed the plans and am going to rebuild the wings using them this afternoon in my shift at work (hopefully) it will be quite because today it's the end of a weeks holiday here. I'll update the plans here once I make sure things are ok.

mayan

Legendary member
mayan updated Howard DGA-6 aka Mr. Mulligan with a new update entry:

URGENT FIX

FIXED ON PLANS:
# Wing top/bottom wing cords have been adjusted based on problems that have been dedected.
# Missing markings on the planes.

ADDED TO PLANS:
# Vent holes on the fuselage for electronic cooling.
# Velcro strap slots for holding down the battery in two locations for different sized batteries.

I added back a few peices to play around with so just make sure you ask me if you are not sure if a piece is in use or not. Only 3 pieces have been added that I want to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

mayan

Legendary member
Hey all, quick question here. From those who downloaded the plans has anyone tried to build the model?

mayan

Legendary member
I suggested it and it did help a bit but I didn’t update it in the plans. I actually prefer you build it without the increase and let me know what you think. The increase was to create a bit more lift from the wings.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I suggested it and it did help a bit but I didn’t update it in the plans. I actually prefer you build it without the increase and let me know what you think. The increase was to create a bit more lift from the wings.
Ok, I'll build it stock then!