Human Lifting Drone?

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
Thought I would share Casey Neistat's latest movie. I rarely find myself in disbelief, but this video sent me there.

Montiey

Master Tinkerer
“According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way that a (Casey) should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. (Casey), of course, flies anyways. Because (Casey) doesn't care what humans think is impossible."

-Bee Movie

mikeporterinmd

Still Learning
I wasn't sure if it was fake or not, but the "behind the scenes" video makes it evident it is real. Pretty cool. Must have faced a lot of challenges with the cold weather....

Mike

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Interesting as it may be I can't get into that dudes stuff. He reminds me of a failed 3 stooges persona. Once again he has gone for hype not giving a crap on the effects to our hobby his antics create. We don't need people like that in the forefront of media regarding RC flight.

What he did is in line with what a Flite Test episode would be like with the exception of it not being done in a closed and controlled setting. There is no warnings about professionals or for kids to not try and recreate what he does and in my opinion only perpetuates "Stupid" and "irresponsible"

Liam B

Yep, the whole comment section exploded with the drone law narks. Didn't even take 5 minutes for them to start complaining.

mikeporterinmd

Still Learning
I don't see any difference between this video and the FT video, except he didn't post any warnings. But, on the other hand, no one is going to build his drone trivially and replicate the feat.

Mike