Human size quad

earthsciteach

That is awesome! I want one!

There really are some great aircraft and ideas coming out of the former Soviet Block Eastern European nations. It seems to be a hot bed for Light Sport Aircraft.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Wow!

With many of their cities are littered by mopeds and small motorcycles, can you imagine what they'll be like if they can fly?

I mean, we've all seen the futuristic cities like the 5th element and Star Wars 2(not 5, which came out second), where everyone crawls through the in air traffic jams in orderly lanes, but most of these cities, mopeds go where mopeds want to go. I'm thinking less like an air corridor and more like a cloud of gnats!

Still be cool to have one ;)

Purebredmongrel

Solve the battery problem? Bigger batteries! Hmm now have more weight? Bigger motors!!! Now have more power consumption? Bigger batteries! !! Now have more weight? Bigger motors!!! Now have even more power consumption? I know................................

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Imagine what a battery with the same power as a 2200 3s the size and weight of a dime (or smaller) could do for the hobby?

Good Gravy.

We already run better than 1:1 power/weight ratios because we've got power to waste. ESCs and Rx's will continue to shrink with better circuit boards, but motors & frames will likely only nudge up in performance/weight.

Even still, if we could make that 4s 10Ah battery under 100g( or 10g), imagine how long/far a multirotors could fly?!?

Suppose everything has been Sci-fi until someone fixed the sticky details . . .

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
I saw that. Gizmodo story on Facebook I think. Something to keep an eye on for sure. Imagine what a battery with the same power as a 2200 3s the size and weight of a dime (or smaller) could do for the hobby?

Destroy an entire car instantly when it does the standard much feared LiPo meltdown trick?
Power my unpowered hand phaser at long last?
Light Saber power potential?
Electric Stun Grenade?
Oh, I know a lethal version of the old toss the mechanic a charged distributor capacitor.

Sorry Earth Science Teacher must be feeling wild. I get vibes of the event all the way from Texas.

Thurmond

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin

beermug.jpg

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Well EST You certainly disappoint me this time:p. Flying Monkey understood that the answer was probably in your hand (see illustration in his post above).

In English, You HAVE seen ET. Remember ET drinks and Elliott Gets drunk!

This board is a Smiley desert. No Cry, No ROFL the list goes on and on.

Thurmond