Hungry, too lazy to cook? What would you do?

kacknor

Build another!
8 Years? Sounds like an enlistment or commissioned tour. A long one for OCONUS. I had a short stay in Wildflecken, when it was in the process of being transferred from the US Army to be a Bundeswehr post in the early 90's. 2/11th ACR.

Worse. I was Lifer in the U.S. Air Force! ;) 4 years at Bitburg AB and 4 and a half at Ramstein AB. This was between roughly 1976 and 1988 with a year and a half timeout in Oklahoma City. Like I said, about a lifetime ago. I've been out longer than I was in!

JD

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Mmmmmmm Klosterbrauerei Kreuzberg. Best lunch EVER! :)

Made even Wildflecken tolerable in the winter.

Dude, grab an apple. It will do more for you than nachos and is everywhere and cheap!

Last edited:

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
I have to admit, I always have a reservoir of chinese noodle soup packs where you just add hot water and let it sit for 3 minutes...

You can do what Josh Bixler does:

image.png

Just eat your foamie planes! Lol

jamboree1

Since what and when to eat is not my department in this household I can only offer you some insight on what a woman does.. she grabs my credit card and orders a pizza.

MrClean

Small burrito covered in one of those easy heat cup cans of Hormel chili, smothered with chease toasted under the broiler. OR replace the burrito with left over pasta of any kind OR just a can of soup.

I have cooking skills and have the full ability to do it. I just don't like too. I know for some folks it centers them, they get into the rhythm and intricacies of balances of ingredients and the like. Sometimes I'm intrigued enough by a process to want to do it. But by and large I just could give a flip. I eat bag salads as well but not enough vegetables so I drink Kale shakes for lunch most work days 3 cups of Kale, half an avacado a Mango and 4-5 strawberries blended till it's smooth.

And Citrical twice a day for extra fiber. If you aren't making peanut butter you NEED to be on fiber, but only Citrical. All the other ones use different sources for fiber and they sit in your gut, ferment and make you one rooty tooty tabooty.

Whatever else you do, Citrical.

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
I used to eat the same thing at work for lunch every day. Two small bags of chips, three small Slim Jims (meat sticks), and either a pudding pack or two small bags of fruit snacks.

Currently I eat a peanut butter sandwich and two small bags of chips each day at work.

I'm not saying eat exactly that. But it's nice when you have a set, decently balanced lunch to eat every day. If you don't want pre-packaged food, then figure out a time when you can cook, and then reheat it when you want to eat but don't have time.

I find that it's actually not very monotonousness to eat the same meal every day if it's only for one meal. If you eat the same thing for each meal everyday, then it get's old quickly. But not for one of your meals. It also helps when it's 3 or 4 items that are each a small portion.