Hungry, too lazy to cook? What would you do?

rcwingman

being Ghetto since 2016
Everyday situation.

You feel hungry at home.
Nobody is here to serve you and you have no time to cook.
What do you do?

kacknor

Build another!
Learn to cook!! A simple life skill that never looses it's worth.

OTOH, frozen burrito works. ;)

JD

BobK

Banned
My wife looks forward (not really) to when I make a "clean out the cupboard) dinner, it usually consists of a random assortment of different styles of leftover noodles as a base then builds from there, of course sometimes seasoning to taste becomes a huge factor when doing this. Cleaning up leftover cereal becomes a problem sometimes but I did learn that even though I hate Corn Flakes and Honey Nut Cheerios on their own, if they are mixed together it becomes something amazing..Flaky Honey Cheerio Nut Corn things.

DKchris

I do what every other Dane would do: Smack some liver paté on a couple of slices of Rye bread. Healthy, nourishing, fast, handy and tasty. Add ketchup and crispy fried onions, pickled beetroot slices or cucumber slices(fresh or pickled) if it's not "fancy" enough as is. A dab of a good tartar sauce may work for some as well.....leftover bacon is amazing on top.

razor02097

Rogue Drone Pilot
I admit there are times like that. I reach for something frozen or canned and use the microwave. Or I make a simple ham and cheese sandwich, make a bowl of cereal, or even warm up some leftovers.

kacknor

Build another!
I admit there are times like that. I reach for something frozen or canned and use the microwave. Or I make a simple ham and cheese sandwich, make a bowl of cereal, or even warm up some leftovers.

Ha! Leftovers are a favorite, but I had a bowl of Frosted Flakes lunch not 15 minutes ago...

JD

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
Heh, I see you're in Germany. I have the equivalent of a style of German breakfast. I will take cheese, bread, cured meats, fruit, nuts, yogurt, or whatever I have on hand and make a meal of that. Of late, it's mostly cheese and bread or crackers (biscuits in GER?) that have made up some lunches or dinners. Then, it's back to building, configuring, or just tinkering.

kacknor

Build another!
wohhoo. lunch?! :D
we have dinner on the other side of the planet now.

I spent over 8 years eating dinner the same time you do during what seems like another life time now. I really missed the beer! These day's however, because of me and people like me learning what beer is supposed to be, we have micro and even some national brews that do very nicely. ;)

Liquid Bread! Good for dinner!! No cooking required. lol

JD

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
I spent over 8 years eating dinner the same time you do during what seems like another life time now. I really missed the beer! These day's however, because of me and people like me learning what beer is supposed to be, we have micro and even some national brews that do very nicely. ;)

Liquid Bread! Good for dinner!! No cooking required. lol

JD

8 Years? Sounds like an enlistment or commissioned tour. A long one for OCONUS. I had a short stay in Wildflecken, when it was in the process of being transferred from the US Army to be a Bundeswehr post in the early 90's. 2/11th ACR.