hybrid FB Pheonix Bixler

bracesport

Legendary member
Just programmed the Jumper T16 to run on this ship!

Flight modes (rates) - high, med, low
Separate Ailerons and Flaps
Some Reflex and camber on a switch
V Tail with Rudder
Crow brakes with elevator compensation on the throttle stick
Vario and Altitude on Telemetry

Last edited:

bracesport

Legendary member
Does not look like much, but I glued in the V tail servo trays and if this doesn’t knock your socks off, I used screws to fasten the servos in! 😀

The trays clip onto the CF tube and then are CA glued into position!

Images adjusted to 1000px

8299F8DD-20B7-4AC9-A5BD-7B758C090BA1.jpeg
61EBD986-EAB7-4FD2-B8ED-EB5FD39E2608.jpeg

bracesport

Legendary member
The servos are all connected up and I have made some collars to reduce the wing screws from 6mm to 3mm, and I also made a fake nose cone for the fuse! I should be able to attach the wing tomorrow when I can get some wing bolts! :D

images reduced to 1000px

IMG_7843.JPG
IMG_7841.JPG

bracesport

Legendary member
It was a very simple video for the V tail function but I was quite chuffed it all worked first time - this morning I re attached the wing with its new 3mm mounts and that seems to have worked well too - next I will balance the CG with some nose weight, and the put the Rx back in and see if I have full control of the control surfaces (flaps and all) !

Piotrsko

Master member
Well actually, forecast 20 Km north wind with on and off sprinkles next couple of days, SO, He has to drive, I believe, 11 minutes to the other site. I could almost shed a tear, but I said almost.

bracesport

Legendary member
Sadly we have very high winds today! You can see Wellington is at the tip of the north island and the wind funnels through between the islands - they call it the river of wind!

7F85CCA2-9F70-44B7-ABDC-D46A5254E7DB.png

bracesport

Legendary member
Just a reminder for those setting up RIGHT YAW on a V tail, make the right control surface go down and the left control surface go up (imagine if you rotate each of the V surfaces to vertical, both of the control surfaces should move right).