Help! I’m in a bind NOT!

DLButter

Just got s Carbon Cub S+ and DX6e transmitter and cannot get them to bind. Tried binding with DX7... no go.
I then tried binding to the new receiver that came with the transmitter and it hooked right up. Has anybody had this issue and knows a fix. I didn’t get the RTF model because I wanted to get a transmitter for use on multiple planes

Bricks

Master member
Which receiver is in the Cub, some have a button to push and some will not bind until the GPS has received signal and booted up.

DLButter

From what I can tell ....no button. In fact gps unit is glued in on top of receiver so no way you could push one. The plane seemed to look to load gps, elevator moving and such but always get binding failed notice on transmitter. Been told I should remove the gps. Might try it

DLButter

Just wondering. Has anybody else had trouble dealing with Horizon Hobby tech support? I was on hold 2 times for 45 min and once for. 11/2 hrs and never talked to a human. Emailed and no response.

Bricks

Master member
From what I can tell ....no button. In fact gps unit is glued in on top of receiver so no way you could push one. The plane seemed to look to load gps, elevator moving and such but always get binding failed notice on transmitter. Been told I should remove the gps. Might try it

So how are you putting receiver in bind mod

MWL

The carbon cub S+ has a bind plug extension extending down from the battery compartment. Simply insert the bind plug, connect the battery then power on the transmitter while holding the transmitter bind button. After transmitter is bound to the Carbon Cub you need to remove the bind plug then disconnect the battery and then turn off the Transmitter This worked for me on a DX 7s and a DX 9.

Last edited:

DLButter

Attempted to bind with new DX6e...nothing. Then tried with DX7......nothing. Tried both of those transmitters on the new receiver that came with the DX6e and that connected. Had a friend try with his equipment and nothing. He’s been building and flying for forty years and he’s baffled. Wouldn’t be so bad if I could get in touch with Horizon

Bricks

Master member
Did you read the transmitter setup LINK I posted above it will not bind unless this is done first????????

DLButter

Yes. That is the procedure we followed. We tried that about 12 times. We even tried pulling bind plug and battery connect at first sign. It acts as if it’s trying to bind but not getting there. The elevator wiggles up and down , not as fast as in the videos but then stops