I am new and have a question!

Hello!
I have recently started this hobby and I really like it, but, as I am new, I have a few questions. I have only built one plane out of the pre-cut plans on the website, as well as being in the process of building another. I am currently doing a school project about aviation and have been thinking about designing and building a flight-capable model of the wright flyer. I was wondering about the optimum size, duel power pack/electronics, airfoil, and so on. I know this is probably pretty complicated and especially hard for a newbie like me, but how else will I learn? Also, I was wondering about programming my DXe controller. How do you program flight modes? I have flown one or two beginner RTF planes and they all had their own controllers with flight modes. They were really helpful when I was in trouble or while landing or taking of.
Thanks!!

AirBone

Hello!
I have recently started this hobby and I really like it, but, as I am new, I have a few questions. I have only built one plane out of the pre-cut plans on the website, as well as being in the process of building another. I am currently doing a school project about aviation and have been thinking about designing and building a flight-capable model of the wright flyer. I was wondering about the optimum size, duel power pack/electronics, airfoil, and so on. I know this is probably pretty complicated and especially hard for a newbie like me, but how else will I learn? Also, I was wondering about programming my DXe controller. How do you program flight modes? I have flown one or two beginner RTF planes and they all had their own controllers with flight modes. They were really helpful when I was in trouble or while landing or taking of.
Thanks!!
I am also a newbie, but I found YouTube videos to help me learn my DXe6 transmitter. The forums are great for specific questions. And baptism by fire is a great learning experience. Please keep posting your progress.