Help! I am trying to find a battery

Johninok

Hello people! I have a question, it may be a stupid one but I have it. I am trying to figure out what battery i can use for the 20amp ESC and radial 2205 2300kV with the power pack f. If anyone can help or just tell me what I may need. I understand the S numbers but I simply don't know where to start.

"Corpse"

Legendary member
Hello people! I have a question, it may be a stupid one but I have it. I am trying to figure out what battery i can use for the 20amp ESC and radial 2205 2300kV with the power pack f. If anyone can help or just tell me what I may need. I understand the S numbers but I simply don't know where to start.
Welcome to the Forums!

The number of cells is S, like a 4 cell is 4s. It makes no sense at all but that's how they do it...

Mah is how "big" of a battery you have, so the more Mah, the longer it will last. It's like the size of your car's tank of gas.

"C" is a multiple of your batteries Mah. It shows how many amps it can push out at any given moment. If you have a 2200mah pack, (2.2 Ah), and a 30 C rating that means your battery can put out 66 amps at one time. 2.2 x 30 = 66.

Sound like you're building a mini, so I would use a 500-800mah battery and choose between 3s and 4s depending on how you want your plane to fly. 3s will make it less powerful, and 4s will make it RIP. Keep in mind the bigger the Mah or an increase in cells, the heavier the battery will weigh.

Happy flying!

Johninok

Welcome to the Forums!

The number of cells is S, like a 4 cell is 4s. It makes no sense at all but that's how they do it...

Mah is how "big" of a battery you have, so the more Mah, the longer it will last. It's like the size of your car's tank of gas.

"C" is a multiple of your batteries Mah. It shows how many amps it can push out at any given moment. If you have a 2200mah pack, (2.2 Ah), and a 30 C rating that means your battery can put out 66 amps at one time. 2.2 x 30 = 66.

Sound like you're building a mini, so I would use a 500-800mah battery and choose between 3s and 4s depending on how you want your plane to fly. 3s will make it less powerful, and 4s will make it RIP. Keep in mind the bigger the Mah or an increase in cells, the heavier the battery will weigh.

Happy flying!

THANK YOU! This is an excellent example. I do have a grasp on electronics, but I couldn't put it all together for a battery.

epppilothungary

Hey Guys!! I need some help please! :)

Im planning to upgrade my EPP Trainer to a ,,twin star" style airplane. The config what I have for the build is
- 2x Multirstar 2213 980KV (Max. current(10s): 15 amps)
-
2x 30A ESC
- Turnigy 2200 mAh 3S 25-50C Li-po battery ( I know this mAh num. will give a short flying time)

My question is that, can this battery handle theese two engines in one time? Cause if I calculated well it could be ok.

2.2A x 25 = 55A this two engines coud drain the battery with 15x2A= 30A, if the calculation is ok! :)

Please Help my Guys!

Thanks in advance!

Tibi from Hungary

"Corpse"

Legendary member
Hey Guys!! I need some help please! :)

Im planning to upgrade my EPP Trainer to a ,,twin star" style airplane. The config what I have for the build is
- 2x Multirstar 2213 980KV (Max. current(10s): 15 amps)
-
2x 30A ESC
- Turnigy 2200 mAh 3S 25-50C Li-po battery ( I know this mAh num. will give a short flying time)

My question is that, can this battery handle theese two engines in one time? Cause if I calculated well it could be ok.

2.2A x 25 = 55A this two engines coud drain the battery with 15x2A= 30A, if the calculation is ok! :)

Please Help my Guys!

Thanks in advance!

Tibi from Hungary
Your math checks out. You'll be fine.