I am weak

lonewolf7717

My God that is a gorgeous model! Teach is this the same place you got that Stearman about a year ago? I might just bite on it as well. Of course with my gorilla hands I will have it all torn up before it even leaves the build table. There has been progress though, at the age of 33 finally getting a wrangle on this opposable thumb business.

earthsciteach

Yes it is the same place, and the Stearman was $95. Those are absurd prices for the quality of the planes! They are balsa, look great, and fly well.

Don't worry about the build. These are ARFs, just like foam models. All of the major components are built, you just have to do final assembly.

earthsciteach

Dude sick plane... did your wife find out yet?

The very large box should arrive tomorrow. Now, my 17 yo son is at home during the day due to a recent kidney transplant. Do I drag him into this thing and tell him to take the box to my workshop in the basement before my wife gets home or do I just own up to it and take my lumps? Ha ha

lonewolf7717

Yes it is the same place, and the Stearman was $95. Those are absurd prices for the quality of the planes! They are balsa, look great, and fly well.

Don't worry about the build. These are ARFs, just like foam models. All of the major components are built, you just have to do final assembly.
almost hate to ask but is the Stearman still flying? whatever happen to the flying vagina?

earthsciteach

I bashed up the Stearman on maiden because I was stupidly hard-headed and chose to fly it in winds that I knew were way too high. I've repaired that (very minor compared to the abuse) and am waiting for Maxford to get the proper color of covering in stock so I can match.

The flying V flies amazingly! I gave it to a friend for use as an fpv platform.

lonewolf7717

ah i remember now, situation with the stearman. although forum peer pressure to maiden may have played contributing factor in less than ideal flying conditions.

earthsciteach

I can only blame my stupid enthusiasm! Had a friend (actually met him through this forum) back from the Air Force. He bought a new Parkzone FW 190 and maidened it in the wind. It flew great! So, how much worse could my biplane with rigging and tons of drag be??? :rolleyes:

earthsciteach

Honestly, though, I am REALLY impressed with Maxford's products. I buy my electronics through Headsuphobby because the maxford motors and such are outrageous.

That Stearman took one heck of a beating and suffered only minor damage!

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Teach I have "lumps" coming from my spouse when she realizes I purchased a new Taranis / Case and receiver kit PLUS commited to purchase a $300 Carbon Fiber Acrobatic Tri-Copter a day later. I am hoping that my upcoming birthday and Christmas are "good enough" excuses that the "punishment" is short and light! :confused:

Thurmond

RoyBro

Mentor
Teach I have "lumps" coming from my spouse when she realizes I purchased a new Taranis / Case and receiver kit PLUS commited to purchase a $300 Carbon Fiber Acrobatic Tri-Copter a day later.

Hoping for the best for you, man. But if the worst happens, I have a room in the basement you can use. Just be sure to bring the Tricopter. :rolleyes:

earthsciteach

Hey, Thurmond. I'm already planning on pulling the birthday card since mine is this month. If that doesn't work I'll try, "but Thurmond spent WAY more money than I did!"

earthsciteach

On a brighter note, the Albatross from Maxford and electronics from Headsuphobby should be waiting for me when I get home tomorrow! :D

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Hey, Thurmond. I'm already planning on pulling the birthday card since mine is this month. If that doesn't work I'll try, "but Thurmond spent WAY more money than I did!"

And if our wives ever get together then we are BOTH going to be in RoyBro's basement.

Thurmond

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Ninja, the Albatross has a machine gun...

Not scared. already got bullet holes ;)

IMG_20131102_212356_329.jpg