Help! I cannot flash an omnibusf4 board with betaflight. Help?

Raevous

At Flite Fest this year, I bought a kit for a quad from the Flite Test store. I can connect the board to betaflight where its gyroscopes function and other settings are readily and easily changed. I don't have a backup of the original board settings but I believe a buddy of mine whose computer we used does. When I tried to flash the board, however, it became uncooperative. Each time I try to flash it, my computer ceases to recognize it. I'm new to multirotors so I believe I attempted this prior to getting DFU status. Since then, I can't get betaflight to recognize it whenever it enters boot mode. Whether I type DFU or BL in the CLI, it disconnects the device and betaflight recognizes it no more. When I try to run Impulse Driver Fixer, as soon as the text says "Entering Bootloader", I hear the classic windows device disconnect sound and I get the error "An error occurred while entering bootloader! Unexpected number of devices detected."

This has happened on several different computers. I've tried it on a 2017 mac, my windows 10 pc I built in January, several other laptops, and everything gives me pretty much the same results. I believe it's wired correctly, as I had several people check it while I was at Flite Fest. I've only just now gotten around to trying to fix it. Is it possible that it's just a bad board or something of that nature?

I explicitly want to express that I've never bound this quad to a transmitter, nor ever been successful with flashing it before. It has simply been a brick since its construction and I would very much like it to come to life.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
At Flite Fest this year, I bought a kit for a quad from the Flite Test store. I can connect the board to betaflight where its gyroscopes function and other settings are readily and easily changed. I don't have a backup of the original board settings but I believe a buddy of mine whose computer we used does. When I tried to flash the board, however, it became uncooperative. Each time I try to flash it, my computer ceases to recognize it. I'm new to multirotors so I believe I attempted this prior to getting DFU status. Since then, I can't get betaflight to recognize it whenever it enters boot mode. Whether I type DFU or BL in the CLI, it disconnects the device and betaflight recognizes it no more. When I try to run Impulse Driver Fixer, as soon as the text says "Entering Bootloader", I hear the classic windows device disconnect sound and I get the error "An error occurred while entering bootloader! Unexpected number of devices detected."

This has happened on several different computers. I've tried it on a 2017 mac, my windows 10 pc I built in January, several other laptops, and everything gives me pretty much the same results. I believe it's wired correctly, as I had several people check it while I was at Flite Fest. I've only just now gotten around to trying to fix it. Is it possible that it's just a bad board or something of that nature?

I explicitly want to express that I've never bound this quad to a transmitter, nor ever been successful with flashing it before. It has simply been a brick since its construction and I would very much like it to come to life.

First thing to make sure is the cable you are connecting with is actually a data cable as some are only charge cables and do not have the wiring to talk between devices.

Second is to uninstall all usb drivers relating to flight controllers. Once you have done that do a complete shut down of your system (this is a MUST do) so Windows doesn't automatically reload non functioning drivers and tell you the best available driver is loaded. Then after you restart if you have it use a registry cleaner to get rid of remaining lost files windows loves to leave hanging about. Not a necessity but does help keep Windows from thinking it knows what's best for your system and reviving things that are not correct. Specially with them force feeding everything they think you need down your throat in updates.

Once that is done and you know you have a data cable run the Impulsedriverfixertool and that should straighten out the connection issues. That should allow you to connect and then betaflight will alert you about any mismatch between the version loaded and the flight controller. DO NOT automatically update to the newest version as you can destroy any other connection/compatibility with ALL of your other devices.

Feel free to ask more questions or come back after trying ALL of those suggestions with specific results so we can further troubleshoot your problems. I can not tell you how many times I have chased a problem for someone who thought it better to skip one of those steps only to find weeks later had they done it they could have spent most of the summer flying and not staring at a brick.