I can't BELIEVE I'm actually trying this!! Baby Blender SCRATCHBUILD! 😳

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I was going over my very limited Batry supply...

Here's one I have, that IF I could even LIFT it, I'd be able to keep her UP for nearly an HOUR!!! πŸ˜†πŸ˜³
View attachment 149859
It WEIGHS about 50g MORE than my entire Mini Speedster!!!
A LOT of PUNCH for a 2S!!! πŸ‘πŸ‘
I’ve flown my guinea pig and versa off a 5000 mah 3s. It’s about the same weight!

PoorManRC

Master member
I’ve flown my guinea pig and versa off a 5000 mah 3s. It’s about the same weight!
Yeah, that was for illustration purposes only...

My Storch (when done βœ”), could EASILY lift that
Battery!! 😊 However, if I'm lifting THAT much Weight.... I'd definitely prefer your 3S Batry!! πŸ’―πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜‰

My biggest 3S is a 2800 MAh. A good Crawler with a higher Turn, Brushed Motor (35-55 Turn), cat EASILY run TWO HOURS on a fresh charged, 2800 MAh 3S Batry!!! πŸ˜ƒ

These Planes, except for the Minis and Micros - EAT Batteries!!!!
Fortunately they're dirt cheap... I felt that one of those Low Batry Beepers would be a safe idea πŸ’‘ since my Older FlySky FS6T Radio doesn't have Telemetry. 😊

PoorManRC

Master member
CURRENT Progress!

For you weight conscious guys...
HERE'S the current AUW, minus Batry, Rigging and other fine Details...
IMG_20191203_185633.jpg

Wouldn't ya KNOW it - I DID have to end up adjusting that Servo....
UNDER THE FRONT TURTLE DECK!!! 😑
IMG_20191202_214517.jpg
IMG_20191202_215106.jpg

It'll be okay... RIGHT?

PoorManRC

Master member
An old FT trick... A used Water Bottle, as Canopies!! πŸ˜‰
20191202_124112-1-1.jpg
20191202_174137-1.jpg

I got the Turtle Deck extenders done!
..... And some Swag on the Tail.
20191202_133834-1-1.jpg

Tubby Cubby's WIRE Landing Gear wasn't going to work. Besides, TOO heavy! πŸ˜–
IMG_20191202_204508.jpg
IMG_20191202_205702.jpg
IMG_20191202_210913.jpg
IMG_20191202_212007.jpg

Last edited:

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member

PoorManRC

Master member
Thanks for the shout out there bud! what are you going to make the cabanes from?

NO PROBLEM Buddy!!!
Except for the plans themselves, I've borrowed heavily from your Blender! πŸ‘πŸ‘

Like yours, I may just stick with BBQ Skewers. Strong enough, light enough.

So, you think anyone is going to bark about 635g???
I'm not sure what they originally weighed.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
The thing with a biplane and all that wing surface is you will have an insane amount of lift. mine was AUW over 1kg and flew awesome slow or fast and glided in for landings with dead stick great, and into the wind even better. You will love flying this, more then the little Sportster.

PoorManRC

Master member
The thing with a biplane and all that wing surface is you will have an insane amount of lift. mine was AUW over 1kg and flew awesome slow or fast and glided in for landings with dead stick great, and into the wind even better. You will love flying this, more then the little Sportster.
YESSIR... She's got LOTS of Wing area! If I can remember how to calculate it, Wing Loading should be VERY low.

You were the inspiration to start this in the first place...
Seeing my Grandson falling for it (a facsimile anyway!), had been the driving force.

Now that I'm a little more concerned about the weight... I'm glad to know I've got room to grow.
I'm absolutely doing the support "cables" now, for the full Bipe effect! 😎 SURE, aerodynamic DRAG... But this was never built for speed.

Like yours, just an enjoyable putter around the Sky!!

..... I still can't believe that my Mini Speedster weighs LESS than a 1200 MAh 3S Batry!!! 😳

Vimana89

Legendary member
YESSIR... She's got LOTS of Wing area! If I can remember how to calculate it, Wing Loading should be VERY low.

You were the inspiration to start this in the first place...
Seeing my Grandson falling for it (a facsimile anyway!), had been the driving force.

Now that I'm a little more concerned about the weight... I'm glad to know I've got room to grow.
I'm absolutely doing the support "cables" now, for the full Bipe effect! 😎 SURE, aerodynamic DRAG... But this was never built for speed.

Like yours, just an enjoyable putter around the Sky!!

..... I still can't believe that my Mini Speedster weighs LESS than a 1200 MAh 3S Batry!!! 😳
Like you said,what's a little extra drag on a bipe:LOL:? You should be fine. Multi wing might be your greatest chance of big success, its seeing a huge surge of interest as a genre from everything to training, to being the one thing anyone can just hand to a newb and have them not crash, to high alpha(blame me for that one). I love my FT DR1 and custom four wing plane I made, and hope you enjoy that baby blender(y).

PoorManRC

Master member
......... Mine was AUW over 1kg and flew awesome slow or fast and glided in for landings with dead stick great, and into the wind even better.
So I guess Nose Weight permitting, I could easily afford the weight of a 3000 MAh 3S Batry, from my Crawlers, for some healthy Flight times!

Tonero311

Thank you Guys!
Some Miracles still happen. πŸ˜ƒ A GENEROUS Person made it possible for us to get to him, and enough so his other Grandma could drive out as well!! ❀
Haven't had time to properly thank him yet, we RAN out of the house as soon as I found out.

But look at who's Day you brightened just a little!
View attachment 148383
That thing on his right arm is because he wouldn't leave his IV alone. 😜 He's mine all right. He's a bit "stoned" at the moment, but he gave me the biggest Smile when I walked in! Then he Said "Gampy, we go home NOW?"

It was all I could do not to laugh, and BALL like a baby at the same time. He's a Brave little Man.

We couldn't really see the damage, he was quite wrapped up... but the fact that the horrible burn on his neck was OK to be exposed, was unnerving.
View attachment 148385

..... As Joyous as this was to see that he made it to this point, Cindi almost had to be restrained when his other Grandma said "Good, it didn't affect his face."

Frankly if I was capable of hitting a girl, she might have had a problem.
NO! AT LEAST HE SURVIVED, and may not have much permanent scarring!!! ❀

He's got a long road ahead, but he's strong. For a Toddler, he's got a lot of his Grandparent's fight in him!

We MIGHT have enough left for some token Christmas Presents for all the Grandbabies.... We'll deal with that later.
I just got the only Present I need right now.

God Bless the Person who helped, and all who are pulling for him!

So happy you got seeing him and that he is on the mend. Lovely child and I think I might see a future RC PilotπŸ˜‰.
You and your family will be in my own and my family's thoughts and prayers.
God bless the heart of the person who reached out in your time of need. Don't know who they are, but if they are reading this, you are a star.
Pass on our love from our wee family in Northern Ireland. We hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

PoorManRC

Master member
Like you said,what's a little extra drag on a bipe:LOL:? You should be fine. Multi wing might be your greatest chance of big success, its seeing a huge surge of interest as a genre from everything to training, to being the one thing anyone can just hand to a newb and have them not crash, to high alpha(blame me for that one). I love my FT DR1 and custom four wing plane I made, and hope you enjoy that baby blender(y).
Four Wing??? 😳
I must've missed that one!

I'm staggered by the Trouble I've had with everything but Minis and dinky Park Flyers!!! I've got many Hours in my Mini Speedster...

The HUGE crash and burn of Tubby Cubby really screwed me up, psychologically. I'm feeling this is going to be a confidence booster!

I felt like I shouldn't have needed such a thing, but I was WAY overconfident with that Cub...
And from what SEVERAL had told me (after the fact!), it's NOT the best mid sized Trainer!!! πŸ˜³πŸ˜–
Had I finished the Storch first, things would have been different...
But I still might have been too cocky! πŸ˜‹

PoorManRC

Master member
So happy you got seeing him and that he is on the mend. Lovely child and I think I might see a future RC PilotπŸ˜‰.
You and your family will be in my own and my family's thoughts and prayers.
God bless the heart of the person who reached out in your time of need. Don't know who they are, but if they are reading this, you are a star.
Pass on our love from our wee family in Northern Ireland. We hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Thank you and God Bless!! πŸ™
He may have a long Road still, but his progress up to now has been nothing short of Miraculous!

We can't bring him Home until we FIND 3 times what that Generous Soul gave us, but the Lord has Shined down on him so far. We remain hopeful that someone will deliver!