I can't BELIEVE I'm actually trying this!! Baby Blender SCRATCHBUILD! 😳

Bricks

Master member
THAT I'm still considering. Auto Coordinated Turns.

Way better if you learn to use the rudder, it will make a big difference when time to land especially if there is a cross wind. Using ailerons only on landing can cause tip stalls learn to use rudder and keep the plane flat when making corrections opposite aileron is required depending on the plane.. Learning to do flat turns will make a huge difference in your flying.

Some planes just making a turn with ailerons and elevator only can cause the nose to dive or climb at slower speeds using rudder to hold correct altitude is a good thing to practice.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Drag Differential is done ✔

I MAY have fixed the up issue..... I might have cut a couple of degrees too much, of Elevator Up Incidence. 😳
I've also got a couple of degrees of down Thrust.

I WAS worried. BUT, the way she LEPT up while Taxiing fast, was so promising!!!
Tomorrow's looking even BETTER - 70 and CALM!!!
It's like it is Christmas day for me just to see you fly, or even just hear about your experience with it. If anyone deserves it the most is you buddy

PoorManRC

Master member
Way better if you learn to use the rudder, it will make a big difference when time to land especially if there is a cross wind. Using ailerons only on landing can cause tip stalls learn to use rudder and keep the plane flat when making corrections opposite aileron is required depending on the plane.. Learning to do flat turns will make a huge difference in your flying.

Some planes just making a turn with ailerons and elevator only can cause the nose to dive or climb at slower speeds using rudder to hold correct altitude is a good thing to practice.
I agree 120% Sir....
As a former Pilot, I understand the concept of controlling Yaw.

Thing is, that's exactly what's been hanging me up! 😖 I controlled Yaw with my FEET. The Right Stick on the Remote is at least familiar.

I know the importance of Yaw control, and will learn it. I've attached Tail Wheels to all my Rudders, to force me on the Ground, but it's been a process for me.
Hopefully not a long one! 😉

@jpot1 @BATTLEAXE I was going to go with a 10X4.7... I was worried about Ground Looping and Torque Rolls. 😳

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I agree 120% Sir....
As a former Pilot, I understand the concept of controlling Yaw.

Thing is, that's exactly what's been hanging me up! 😖 I controlled Yaw with my FEET. The Right Stick on the Remote is at least familiar.

I know the importance of Yaw control, and will learn it. I've attached Tail Wheels to all my Rudders, to force me on the Ground, but it's been a process for me.
Hopefully not a long one! 😉

@jpot1 @BATTLEAXE I was going to go with a 10X4.7... I was worried about Ground Looping and Torque Rolls. 😳
Never had an issue with torque roll or ground looping on the BB, take off run is to short lol. A little right pressure on the left stick as you throttle up you should be good, oh and take off and land on low rates, don't try to rush the take off by climbing into a low elevation stall. Just some pro tips for you on that little hot rod

PoorManRC

Master member
Never had an issue with torque roll or ground looping on the BB, take off run is to short lol. A little right pressure on the left stick as you throttle up you should be good, oh and take off and land on low rates, don't try to rush the take off by climbing into a low elevation stall. Just some pro tips for you on that little hot rod
HEEDED!! 😉
After seeing her pop up during Taxiing, I figured that I'd just let her float up on her own, then Throttle up when airborne. Get critical altitude, THEN try to play.

Robyle3

Boiz, I just binge-read this thread and I am such a mix of emotions right now. First of all, I want to chime in with "this will all turn into a good story when he grows up" about Greyson. I received very similar burns as a child around his age from "helping" inside a hot oven.
I personally have no memory of, or scars to show for it. So, here is to hoping for a full, and uncomplicated recovery! I wish you and your family all the best.

Now for airplane talk :)

I would recommend setting your rudder/aileron mix to a switch. I use and abuse SAFE select on my UMX planes, and can vouch for how awesome mixing in a little rudder is. Just be sure to keep the rudder mix very minimal, so that inputting left stick still gives you noticable reactions. I'd use it once you're in the air, and just want lazy, relaxed flying. But turn it off once you commit to landing to be sure you're 100% in control.

But, with the added fuse legnth, and for keeping the fin the same size, this thing will have crazy amounts of rudder authority. Out flying my bipe, I only really use ailerons for when it leans over a little too much. When you get it high enough, try not using any aileron, I think you'll get the idea when you see it do a flat turn.

PoorManRC

Master member
Boiz, I just binge-read this thread and I am such a mix of emotions right now. First of all, I want to chime in with "this will all turn into a good story when he grows up" about Greyson. I received very similar burns as a child around his age from "helping" inside a hot oven.
I personally have no memory of, or scars to show for it. So, here is to hoping for a full, and uncomplicated recovery! I wish you and your family all the best.

Now for airplane talk :)

I would recommend setting your rudder/aileron mix to a switch. I use and abuse SAFE select on my UMX planes, and can vouch for how awesome mixing in a little rudder is. Just be sure to keep the rudder mix very minimal, so that inputting left stick still gives you noticable reactions. I'd use it once you're in the air, and just want lazy, relaxed flying. But turn it off once you commit to landing to be sure you're 100% in control.

But, with the added fuse legnth, and for keeping the fin the same size, this thing will have crazy amounts of rudder authority. Out flying my bipe, I only really use ailerons for when it leans over a little too much. When you get it high enough, try not using any aileron, I think you'll get the idea when you see it do a flat turn.
Thank you!! That was reassuring. And I'm glad you're OK. 👌
Our little Miracle has been making steady progress. 😊

Something I didn't really emphasize in this Thread...
I redesigned the Vstab - a bit! Added a small Dorsal Fin, rounded out the edges, and shortened the Rudder by 5-6mm.
Nothing drastic, but may make a difference.

I will try that though! I'm dying to finally work with Ailerons in RC, but I will try a couple of flat Rudder turns. 😉

Being ex USAF, seeing lots of crazy Jet maneuvers....
I really want to at least try some snap rolls!! 😊

Robyle3

Thank you!! That was reassuring. And I'm glad you're OK. 👌
Our little Miracle has been making steady progress. 😊

Something I didn't really emphasize in this Thread...
I redesigned the Vstab - a bit! Added a small Dorsal Fin, rounded out the edges, and shortened the Rudder by 5-6mm.
Nothing drastic, but may make a difference.

I will try that though! I'm dying to finally work with Ailerons in RC, but I will try a couple of flat Rudder turns. 😉

Being ex USAF, seeing lots of crazy Jet maneuvers....
I really want to at least try some snap rolls!! 😊
Thanks, I guess? I dunno, like I said, I don't remember it. Kids are crazy when it comes to recoveries.

Back to plane talk :)

Dorsal fin should make sure you don't wobble in prop wake at any speed. And that much off the rudder shouldn't affect the authority. Don't get too excited about snap rolls on a 2-aileron bipe, though. You have an entire other wing fighting your inputs. But, that said, the blender is reputed to be super aerobatic given the right throws. That rudder authority just means KNIFE EDGES FOR DAYS
*maniacal laughter in the distance*

Disclaimer:
Every biplane I've ever built has had a 4-aileron system and bottom wing dihedral with an oversized empennage. Because "crazy time" is the best time XD
But not for maidens, "crazy time" is very bad for maidens.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
My 2 aileron BB was nice and aerobatic, snap rolls for days. Turned on a dime, and It was extended from wing to tail by 3", wings widened by 2" and swept as well. Dihedral was in the top wing. looked angry AF even on the ground. It all come down to how you build it and then fly it, fun plane, I actually miss it lol

PoorManRC

Master member
Thanks, I guess? I dunno, like I said, I don't remember it. Kids are crazy when it comes to recoveries.

Back to plane talk :)

Dorsal fin should make sure you don't wobble in prop wake at any speed. And that much off the rudder shouldn't affect the authority. Don't get too excited about snap rolls on a 2-aileron bipe, though. You have an entire other wing fighting your inputs. But, that said, the blender is reputed to be super aerobatic given the right throws. That rudder authority just means KNIFE EDGES FOR DAYS
*maniacal laughter in the distance*

Disclaimer:
Every biplane I've ever built has had a 4-aileron system and bottom wing dihedral with an oversized empennage. Because "crazy time" is the best time XD
But not for maidens, "crazy time" is very bad for maidens.
Not expecting snap rolls from this...
My next after the Duster is the FT 3D.....
I'm just hoping for some warm-up. 😉
Merry Christmas🎅🎄