I can't BELIEVE I'm actually trying this!! Baby Blender SCRATCHBUILD! 😳

PoorManRC

Master member
I’m so glad you were able to get it cut out! Oh, and how’s the p-40 coming along?
Me TOO!! I only didn't cut the slots for the Power Pod... because like the others, it's not going to be swappable.

I may try to figure out how to make a removable top hatch, but with the upper Wing, that could be pointless!
Either way I won't be just relying on Velcro to hold the Battery in. It's just unsafe!! I will use straps.

The P-40 is getting closer...
I've decided to rework the front end, to make the Intake Scoop look more like a P-40. 😃 I know I'm making more work for myself, but I want to see how far I can push Scale on this one!

PoorManRC

Master member
This afternoon's progress...

IMG_20191115_155801.jpg
IMG_20191115_160317.jpg
IMG_20191115_160752.jpg

Maybe it won't be too bad...
Still works like an Aileron! 😉
IMG_20191115_161105.jpg
IMG_20191115_161242.jpg

..... Maybe more tonight! 😃

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member

PoorManRC

Master member
Your cutting is solid man, you got nothing to worry about. Saves you a bunch of coin when you scratch build as opposed to SBK's
Thanks Brother! Scratch is something I absolutely don't have... 😞 I'm still trying to figure out how to get my Grandchildren any Christmas Presents. 💔😭
Unless some Miracle happens, it's not happening.

One reason I NEED this Hobby... My very SANITY.
I really appreciate the confidence boost!! 😊
The cutting is slow and PAINFUL, and this is one of the easiest Planes to cut... But the $3.00 price WORKS.
There's NO WAY I could cut a P-47, which I really want.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Thanks Brother! Scratch is something I absolutely don't have... 😞 I'm still trying to figure out how to get my Grandchildren any Christmas Presents. 💔😭
Unless some Miracle happens, it's not happening.

One reason I NEED this Hobby... My very SANITY.
I really appreciate the confidence boost!! 😊
The cutting is slow and PAINFUL, and this is one of the easiest Planes to cut... But the $3.00 price WORKS.
There's NO WAY I could cut a P-47, which I really want.
P-47 is one of my fave's, might be my first Master Series plane I do. Seems it might be the easiest to start with and hone some building skills on that side.

PoorManRC

Master member
TONIGHT'S PROGRESS! 😉

Finished up with the Wing Struts...
IMG_20191116_013345.jpg
IMG_20191116_013631.jpg

....... Then, ran into a snag!
IMG_20191116_014225.jpg

The Fuselage is now 2-3/4" wide. I wanted that, but decided AFTER I cut the Wing!! 😖😤
IMG_20191116_014603.jpg

I ran a Popsicle Stick across the back of the Wing....

When I cut the Wing Slots to 2-3/4".... It made the Slots WIDE and sloppy!
IMG_20191116_014950.jpg
IMG_20191116_015403.jpg

I'm really amazing myself!!!
..... Trying to remind myself that this is an Über simple Kit! 😜

IMG_20191116_015847.jpg

I realize that this is a very early Design... but that COULD have been revised by now. Even I'm better at making these, and making them not look like rudimentary toys.
IMG_20191116_020036.jpg
IMG_20191116_020407.jpg

Goodnight Boys and Girls!! 😉

jpot1

Elite member
Great progress! A word of caution on the rear bottom cover. Glue that in last as this plane especially the extended version has a decent amount of tail weight. That way you can mount everything else and then figure out servo placement and maybe if you have to shorten the bottom cover or remove the paper inside.

Of course you could always go with a bigger motor to offset. :p

Piotrsko

Master member
A table saw you say... not overkill whatsoever there Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor! Is it the Binford 2100 Series?
Nope it's the Binford 3500 [grunt grunt], hot rodded with a bigger motor and cut out for a 12" blade.

Actually since my hands are buggered up, and my xacto blade bevels look like a skip tooth chainsaw chain, I was looking at a better way using the stuff I had already. Worked pretty decent on the tablesaw KFM I made, and a lot faster than sanding

PoorManRC

Master member
Great progress! A word of caution on the rear bottom cover. Glue that in last as this plane especially the extended version has a decent amount of tail weight. That way you can mount everything else and then figure out servo placement and maybe if you have to shorten the bottom cover or remove the paper inside.

Of course you could always go with a bigger motor to offset. :p
VERY Valid point!! 👍👍 Thank you. 😉

I hadn't considered the stretched Tail as........ WEIGHT!
I really don't like the Open Fuse on the early Models. OK, first thing is to remove paper from the inside. 😉

I added a Wooden Spar to the Upper Wing, which is in front of the CoG.

I don't own, and can't afford to buy, small Air only Batteries. I share with my RC Ground.... Minimum 2200 MAh. That's got to help, right?

Hopefully, the last weapon in my Arsenal... Since ALL blunt nosed Biplanes need Nose weight....
If I'm lucky, I'll get the SPINNERS on my Christmas List! 😊

........ And maybe the fact that I'm using two Aileron Servos instead of one, might help!