I can't BELIEVE I'm actually trying this!! Baby Blender SCRATCHBUILD! 😳

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Indeed my Friend!!
He's inherited ALL of my and my Dad's Charm.... But is going to be better looking than either of us, because of that wavy blonde Hair and Gray Eyes!! He's already starting to MELT the Nurses here. πŸ˜‹
#proudgrandpa

Oh, and my future Build has been scheduled by him. We watched "Planes", and he wants Duster!! πŸ˜‰
That's my little Man!
Yay!

basslord1124

Master member
@PoorManRC ...saw your comment on my video and hopped over here to see what was up. I'm soooooo sorry man and hate that all happened. :eek::(Especially at such a young age too. It does look like though he's in some great care which is good.

Aren't kids amazing though? They can go through something traumatic like this and have all of us worried...but it seems once they are stabilized, they act like nothing is going on and it's business as usual. Not too long ago, our Sadie hit a temperate of 105...she had some virus that I can't remember. So here we are worried as can be about her, and she's acting all happy and smiles and cracking the nurses up at like 1am in the hospital's ER.

I will be praying for you and the little one and a speedy recovery. (y)

As a grandparent, your objective now, is that once he's out of the hospital treat him to some ice cream, cake, or cookies or something sweet. :);)

PoorManRC

Master member
@PoorManRC ...saw your comment on my video and hopped over here to see what was up. I'm soooooo sorry man and hate that all happened. :eek::(Especially at such a young age too. It does look like though he's in some great care which is good.

Aren't kids amazing though? They can go through something traumatic like this and have all of us worried...but it seems once they are stabilized, they act like nothing is going on and it's business as usual. Not too long ago, our Sadie hit a temperate of 105...she had some virus that I can't remember. So here we are worried as can be about her, and she's acting all happy and smiles and cracking the nurses up at like 1am in the hospital's ER.

I will be praying for you and the little one and a speedy recovery. (y)

As a grandparent, your objective now, is that once he's out of the hospital treat him to some ice cream, cake, or cookies or something sweet. :);)
YES SIR!!
With pleasure. 😊

Scared........ I was more like, SCARED!!

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
How does taping a camera to a hat cost money? You have tape.
And you could just set your camera on the ground and press record...
I just got caught up on this thread, and I just re-read this post. That kinda came across really rude I was trying to help you out while throwing in a bit of sarcasm, but reading this back just sounds like me being a jerk and I'm sorry for that.

I'm glad to hear that your grandson is in a stable condition!! I hope he has a speedy recovery.

PoorManRC

Master member
Thank all of you! ❀ You're good People.

Greyson has had ups and downs... At least he has no trouble CHARMING the Nurses! My Boy. 😊

However, I recently saw under the Dressings, and it brought me to my knees. We took pictures, so we could verify progress. I had a hard time getting it together. Really. πŸ’” This is killing me.
But what that amazing tiny little boy is going through, makes any of my problems seem small.

.... I thought the worst thing about this Holiday Season, was going to be not being able to afford any Christmas Presents. We did get a little help for that, and are eternally grateful.

Before he comes Home, we have to disinfect the entire place, and replace his Bed, Sheets and Clothes. For the next few Months, he will be extremely prone to serious infections.
We have NO IDEA how we will get all that... but we'll manage somehow. For him. I'll sell my last drop of blood for him.

I can't in good conscience, show you his back, which is worse than this. But this is his side.
NO Child, Parent or Grandparent should ever have to experience this.
photo2.jpg

If you have Toddlers, PLEASE, assume they will get into ANY kind of trouble! Don't take anything for granted.
God Bless.

kilroy07

Legendary member
This is all good thinking about how I just can't do things, on my $890 per month - TOTAL!

But my 2 year old Grandson, Greyson was just rushed to Hospital. He got too close to the Stove and knocked a Frying Pan full of hot oil all over him. πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”
He's in shock, critical, and burned over 30% of his body.

I need anything you can give me, to bring my Heart back home. However you do it.

I've already lost too much! My Parents, my Daughter, House, Cars, savings... If anything happens to him, I won't leave this Hospital alive. Not being dramatic. It's been too much.

Please, I need friends more than ever.
So heartbreaking to hear, I did something similar as a kid myself, but it was hot coffee.
I doubt he will remember anything of the ordeal (I don’t) except for the scars AND the fact that I don’t drink coffee to this day! πŸ˜‰

Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery for the little guy!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Thank all of you! ❀ You're good People.

Greyson has had ups and downs... At least he has no trouble CHARMING the Nurses! My Boy. 😊

However, I recently saw under the Dressings, and it brought me to my knees. We took pictures, so we could verify progress. I had a hard time getting it together. Really. πŸ’” This is killing me.
But what that amazing tiny little boy is going through, makes any of my problems seem small.

.... I thought the worst thing about this Holiday Season, was going to be not being able to afford any Christmas Presents. We did get a little help for that, and are eternally grateful.

Before he comes Home, we have to disinfect the entire place, and replace his Bed, Sheets and Clothes. For the next few Months, he will be extremely prone to serious infections.
We have NO IDEA how we will get all that... but we'll manage somehow. For him. I'll sell my last drop of blood for him.

I can't in good conscience, show you his back, which is worse than this. But this is his side.
NO Child, Parent or Grandparent should ever have to experience this.
View attachment 148633

If you have Toddlers, PLEASE, assume they will get into ANY kind of trouble! Don't take anything for granted.
God Bless.
Wow - terrible! Please don’t show us his back!

PoorManRC

Master member
Wow - terrible! Please don’t show us his back!
Only a low life sensationalist would...

Sadly I get accused of being dishonest, with nothing to back it up. That's why I won't put this as a more open, direct Post.
Sadly, I felt the need to show some People that I'm not lying. Sad.

Yeah, we need help. Quite a bit... Much more than we have. We need all the Hope and Prayers we can get too.
I think we got our first Miracle, in the fact that he had NO 3rd degree, subdermal damage!! πŸ˜ƒ
Being so young, he MAY have enough Stem Cells left to speed up the recovery. Also a Miracle.
He was strong and healthy in the first place, which HAS to help.

PoorManRC

Master member
So heartbreaking to hear, I did something similar as a kid myself, but it was hot coffee.
I doubt he will remember anything of the ordeal (I don’t) except for the scars AND the fact that I don’t drink coffee to this day! πŸ˜‰

Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery for the little guy!
I understand Tim... I HOPE this will keep him away from the Stove. We were always catching him around it.
We've got ALL Outlets covered, Locks on all Cabnets and Closets, even a Latch on the Refrigerator Door.
It's been a LONG time for me, I forgot that Toddlers can get into, under and over anything, if you turn your back for one second!

If you, or anyone else reading this can do one thing for him...
One of his favorite Movies is Planes - and he always cheers for Duster.
Can you or someone please cut a FT Duster, so I can build it for him? It likely won't ever fly... unless he throws it! So it can be just DTFB. Being White would make painting it much easier anyway. 😊
It could be my Christmas Present to Greyson, also from the FT Community.

@Tdugar Thank you! Like I said, can't get too many Prayers.

He's not well yet, and in extreme pain πŸ’”. He has a long road ahead, and danger of infection will be high. He is strong, and VERY well Loved.
Especially by me!

PoorManRC

Master member
I am sure even scaling down a Duster to mini size wouldn't be to hard, a quick build if he will just hand toss it, fixed control surfaces and such.
Scaling down is way above my pay grade...
Anything really. Heck, it MAY fly if he doesn't destroy it!

In a perfect World I'd do TWO. A flyer and a Beater.
I really didn't understand what exactly Duster was, till Tuesday, when Greyson and I watched Planes for the first of six times.

I just thought it was another of Josh or the Swede's wild creations!

PoorManRC

Master member
Our sweet Boy will be coming back Home on Saturday!!! πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ƒ
We've got SERIOUS cleaning to do! πŸ˜–πŸ˜³ He will still have to go to the Hospital every 2 days to have the Dressings replaced, but at least the Hospital HERE in Tucson, and NOT 125 miles away in Feenix!
Thank God for that, because we can't afford CLEANING SUPPLIES to disinfect this DUMP, much less the gas for 250 round trips.
My Wife's Kids are PIGS!!! πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ πŸ˜‘πŸ˜–
But at least one of them gave us Greyson! ❀

We've got to REALLY clean. He may have the Dressings...
But we were told that he will be extremely prone to serious infections for the next few weeks.

How bad is it, when the cleaning supplies are going to break into our FOOD budget. 😞 I HATE being this pathetically poor. STILL not used to it, it's only been 7 years (for me anyway).

I swear on my Daughter's Grave, that if I EVER get my Inheritance, I WILL help People in need...
No matter how many small minded People try to tell me that they're scamming me!!!
This is a low, pathetic, degrading, embarrassing way to live. I now understand fully, and couldn't stand by while someone I know is in this situation.

.... I just HOPE I can outlive my Great Uncle, now 101 years old!! 😜
I don't need ANY bad karma! I'm not wishing anything bad on him. He's a good Man, and I've never had anything against him.
They COULD move him out, and sell my Great Grandfather's Apartment Building. He's got 5 Kids, all doing very well.
That's not unreasonable, is it?

I'd also be Honored to get to Flite Fest, and meet the great People who HAVE helped and been great to my Family!!
.... and have FUN! πŸ˜‹

PoorManRC

Master member
Sorry Guys. Things are ROUGH, and I needed to vent. Believe it or not, I don't actually have any friends in this God Forsaken City that I can talk to...

There are 2 great guys from this Forum, who live on the polar opposite side of Town. Over 20 miles away, all City Streets...
Literally can't afford the gas. 😣😭

BACK TO THE BLENDER!! Stress has caused me to work through the past two sleepless nights...
For ME, I made decent progress! 😜

Of course I am doing modifications along the way. πŸ˜‰
If you remember, because I widened the Fuse, I created a couple of issues for myself!
It didn't occur to me that the Turtle Decks and Formers would NO LONGER fit!! 😳
Oh well, just another problem to solve. 😊
IMG_20191120_020527.jpg
IMG_20191120_020745.jpg
IMG_20191120_020947.jpg
IMG_20191120_021132.jpg
IMG_20191120_021356.jpg

This wasn't as hard as I thought!
Or I was SO stressed out that I merely blindly worked through it. 😜
Either way it WORKED! πŸ‘πŸ‘
IMG_20191120_021610.jpg
IMG_20191120_021837.jpg
IMG_20191120_022053.jpg
IMG_20191121_185927.jpg

I'm "borrowing" what @BATTLEAXE did to his Extended Blender, and the Front Former is shorter, so the Nose will slope down. πŸ˜‰
IMG_20191121_190243.jpg

More coming!

PoorManRC

Master member
Test fitting the Upper Wing...
Ran into a new issue because I failed to cut both Wing Struts EVEN! 😑😠
More problem solving!!

IMG_20191121_191918.jpg

I used strips of Poster Board. Might seem a bit cheesy, but it ended up levelling the Wings! 😊😎
IMG_20191121_192646.jpg
IMG_20191121_193141.jpg

Slight up Incidence on the Upper Wing only...
Not glued yet, so I've got time for adjustments.

Now to start figuring out my colour scheme!!
IMG_20191121_193455.jpg
IMG_20191121_194108.jpg
IMG_20191121_194445.jpg

I know I should do something different with the underside of the Wings...
I'd love to do something with the FliteTest Decals, particularly Blue Starburst stripes.
But of COURSE... I can't afford those Decals. 😞
I'll figure something out.
This is still a lot of fun and at least therapeutic!