Help! I can't bind my PPM reciever!

Isaac

I have recently built my first quad, has anyone bound their PPM receiver? If so how do you do it? (Links are helpful!)

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
I have recently built my first quad, has anyone bound their PPM receiver? If so how do you do it? (Links are helpful!)
What is the make/model of both the transmitter and receiver? Have you tried just doing a google search for the bind procedure for your transmitter?

Reactions: FDS

FDS

Elite member
You will also need to configure the receiver type and ports in Betaflight. Some stuff about setting up PPM here.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
If you are asking how to bind, here is the basic idea. Put the Rx (receiver) in bind mode as you power it on. Put the Tx (transmitter) in bind mode as you power it on. Waiting for the blinking light in the Rx to go solid. Power off the Rx, power off the Tx.

The details of how you accomplish this vary by brand and model.

Isaac

What is the make/model of both the transmitter and receiver? Have you tried just doing a google search for the bind procedure for your transmitter?
It is bound as I have used it in my model planes, my transmitter is a turnigy 9x and I have the flysky setup installed with flysky receiver. I configured in betaflight and selected PPM. When I power on the quad, the receiver signal light flashes, telling me it is on, but no arm switch works

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I don't believe the single antenna Rx that came with a 9x will output PPM. The newer, two antenna Rx's will output PPM but they are not compatible with the older 9x Tx.

Reactions: FDS