I can't change the PID rates on my quadcopter

PhillipJones

Hello, my name is Phillip I am 16 years old and I can't change the PID rates on my quadcopter. I have a CL_racing F4 and you can change the numbers in betaflight and they save but when you fly the rates are stuck very slow. This is the second Cl_racing F4 I have bought and it has the same problem. I have tried flashing it with different software using betaflight and cleanflight and nothing helps if you have any ideas that would be great.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Are you sure you are changing the correct numbers? Being new I see you have used the term PIDS and Rates as if they are one and the same thing. They do totally different things mate.

If your quad is flipping and rolling or turning too slowly or too quickly that gets changed using RC rate and Super rate. The PID's are how you tune the quad to be more stable or reduce or remove oscillations.

Get us a screen shot of the pid page both before and after a change and if possible a video of how it acts before and after the changes.

Ace13

Have you tried this through the osd? It is so much easier because you don’t rely on an internet connection. Just make sure your quad is disarmed, move the throttle to the middle, yaw left, and pitch forward, and you should enter the osd tuning menu of betaflight.