• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

I challenge you...

Ok, I made this thread for people to post challenges they would like to see the Flite Test crew try to pull off. I thought it would be pretty cool to see some of our own thought-up challenges to possibly have a chance to star in the show!

Just don't suggest something too stupid, like the Y6 Debacle. :p

So, to start off with, I wanted to see a Bi-Plane Delta Wing. Like a Delta Wing, but with two wings on top of each other.

Alright, guys, post away! :D

How about, using cheap, scratch built planes attempt to collide two planes coming from opposite directions head on. I bet this would be very difficult to do. Could have several variations...both pilots standing next to each other at mid-field and try to collide at mid-field or have a pilot on opposite ends of the field looking straight down the flight path at each other. I think it would be interesting to see how many attempts it would take to have success...

Could be a fun way to play a game of chicken too...

Not that I condone the wanton abuse of our foamie planes:eek::eek:

What about a flying shoe? They could get a really light shoe and put wing and a motor etc. on it and then see if it flies! That would be a new addition to the Flying Lawnmower!

Rcplaneguy

Minnesota Flyer
How about bixler and David, both fly a plane of their choice (within a certain size range) and see who can do a red bull air race type of competition??

teflyer

Full Circle
What about FPV 3D? putting an FPV camera on a 3D plane and have Josh Bixler do all the well known 3D maneuvers: hovering, harriers, knife edge, flat spin, inverted flat spin, waterfall (I think that is what it is called), immelman turns (sort of pattern but oh well)

My wife is studding art at uni and one of her projects was 'what art could you produce with a standard 9Lt bucket'. Love to see if you can make a bucket fly

How about bixler and David, both fly a plane of their choice (within a certain size range) and see who can do a red bull air race type of competition??
Now THAT would be awesome.

What about FPV 3D? putting an FPV camera on a 3D plane and have Josh Bixler do all the well known 3D maneuvers: hovering, harriers, knife edge, flat spin, inverted flat spin, waterfall (I think that is what it is called), immelman turns (sort of pattern but oh well)
I would love to see that. The hovers and waterfalls would look awesome.

DejaD

ARG=almost ready to glue
challenges for Josh Scott

We need to find challenges for Josh Scott. Something inline with his skill level, no offense J Scott, But something too difficult would serve no purpose. I'm thinking maybe a limbo or somthing like that. The head-on collision is also something you could totally pull off.

what about making some patterns at night and make a photo with an large exposure so you get something like this but then try to make figures or try to write something.

planes1.jpg

note I didn't make this picture

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
That would be awesome. Unfortunately it won't really be dark enough to do that here for a while, but you could try basic shapes like ovals, squares, figure eights etc. That would be really awesome to see.