I could not have asked for a better welcome!

PoorManRC

Master member
Hi Guys,

Joining a new Forum, in a whole new branch of the Hobby has often been a lonely experience. You don't know as much as the majority, and you feel like you just moved into a strange neighborhood....

But Not Here!!! The welcome here has been mind blowing! Guys on the FIRST day, were offering very helpful advice, and tangible generosity!
I'm having major problems, due to compound catastrophes. But the great people here have stepped up in ways that I almost don't comprehend.
I wanted to say thank you for your generosity, in Stuff, Advice, Technical Support and Friendship.

This List will likely grow, but I wanted to give my appreciation to some amazing Gentlemen who in my opinion, have gone over and above!!!

@kilroy07
@jaredstrees
@Hai-Lee
@Gazoo
@rockyboy

Because of these Amazing, Good People, after dreaming about it for years, and thinking I was too late to start....
They're making it possible for me to FLY RC for the first time!!! (y)(y):)
I am truly Humbled, and hope that I have the opportunity to pay it back, or pay it forward....

Thank You, Carmine

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Hi Guys,

Joining a new Forum, in a whole new branch of the Hobby has often been a lonely experience. You don't know as much as the majority, and you feel like you just moved into a strange neighborhood....

But Not Here!!! The welcome here has been mind blowing! Guys on the FIRST day, were offering very helpful advice, and tangible generosity!
I'm having major problems, due to compound catastrophes. But the great people here have stepped up in ways that I almost don't comprehend.
I wanted to say thank you for your generosity, in Stuff, Advice, Technical Support and Friendship.

This List will likely grow, but I wanted to give my appreciation to some amazing Gentlemen who in my opinion, have gone over and above!!!

@kilroy07
@jaredstrees
@Hai-Lee
@Gazoo
@rockyboy

Because of these Amazing, Good People, after dreaming about it for years, and thinking I was too late to start....
I am truly Humbled, and hope that I have the opportunity to pay it back, or pay it forward....

Thank You, Carmine
If you want to thank us then FLY! We help to that end. I remember the problems Newbies had 40 odd years ago and I still have problems understanding the attitudes I encountered back then!

As stated previously Learn, Build, Fly, Enjoy, then help and mentor others! If everyone did those things the world would be a better place.

Above all the thing to remember is to BE YOURSELF! Listen to the advice of others sift out what works for you, (and use it), and even expand upon it. It doe not take a long time to become a mentor but it does take a level of dedication and even determination. I look forward to the day when I can call upon you for advice!

One day, whether on this forum or elsewhere, you will be asked to pickup the mentoring torch and carry on for those who preceded you! I hope we have set a good standard for you to surpass in the future!

Have fun!

PoorManRC

Master member
"Learn, Build, Enjoy, AND help"....
I'm doing some, and looking forward to doing the rest!!

I miss being the Mentor in a Group. I'm hoping to be able to get to that point in RC Flight. ;)

d8veh

Elite member
If you want to thank us then FLY! We help to that end. I remember the problems Newbies had 40 odd years ago and I still have problems understanding the attitudes I encountered back then!

As stated previously Learn, Build, Fly, Enjoy, then help and mentor others! If everyone did those things the world would be a better place.

Above all the thing to remember is to BE YOURSELF! Listen to the advice of others sift out what works for you, (and use it), and even expand upon it. It doe not take a long time to become a mentor but it does take a level of dedication and even determination. I look forward to the day when I can call upon you for advice!

One day, whether on this forum or elsewhere, you will be asked to pickup the mentoring torch and carry on for those who preceded you! I hope we have set a good standard for you to surpass in the future!

Have fun!
That's brilliant, sir. Why can't all forums be like this? I also frequent another RC forum, which is the exact antithesis of that. it's completely unfriendly and there are hardly any newbs there because, I guess, they all get scared away. I bet there's others here, which know which one I mean.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
You're very welcome Carmine! :D

<preachy mode>

Just build, fly, crash, repair, repeat, and always try to "pay it forward" with encouragement, advice, and whatever support you can! The only way we all get to live in a world we want to be in, is to make it that way with our daily actions :D

</end preachy mode>

kilroy07

Legendary member
I have the opportunity to pay it back, or pay it forward....
That's all any of us ask in return (that you pay it forward).

Just over a year ago I started in this hobby, then I went to flite fest Ohio.
People who didn't know me from Adam welcomed me as though we had known each other for years. People helping me sort out my issues with mustang (Eddie) to endless inspiration and comradely to my hug and "Thank you brother" from the Josh man himself (he also signed my Legacy)... :love:

There have only been a few select groups where I have found this sort of unconditional welcoming; My army unit (after the hazing ;)), An outrider for Games Workshop and here. This truly is a more than a community, it's a family.

I guess what I'm saying is, I received the same welcome you did, and your welcome. ;)

PoorManRC

Master member
That's brilliant, sir. Why can't all forums be like this? I also frequent another RC forum, which is the exact antithesis of that. it's completely unfriendly and there are hardly any newbs there because, I guess, they all get scared away. I bet there's others here, which know which one I mean.

Well, I know exactly. I've been a member of a RC Crawler Forum for 17 years.... It's the largest of them. It started out OK, but in recent years, it became a bunch of cliques, with an Elite Group of 10 at the top, with an extreme Holier than Thou attitude.
The current crop is mostly concerned with being Impressive with the amount of money they've spent on nearly every new RC Truck.

When my situation crashed, I apparently fell out of favor with their Highnesses. That was the first time I have ever asked for help....
And I was SUSPENDED for it!!!

PoorManRC

Master member
You're very welcome Carmine! :D

<preachy mode>

Just build, fly, crash, repair, repeat, and always try to "pay it forward" with encouragement, advice, and whatever support you can! The only way we all get to live in a world we want to be in, is to make it that way with our daily actions :D

</end preachy mode>

Jon, I'm hoping for the time when I can pay it forward, in any way I can - even advice! This is the kind of place that brings out the best in people, and I'm happy to be one of those people!! ;)

PoorManRC

Master member
That's all any of us ask in return (that you pay it forward).

Just over a year ago I started in this hobby, then I went to flite fest Ohio.
People who didn't know me from Adam welcomed me as though we had known each other for years. People helping me sort out my issues with mustang (Eddie) to endless inspiration and comradely to my hug and "Thank you brother" from the Josh man himself (he also signed my Legacy)... :love:

There have only been a few select groups where I have found this sort of unconditional welcoming; My army unit (after the hazing ;)), An outrider for Games Workshop and here. This truly is a more than a community, it's a family.

I guess what I'm saying is, I received the same welcome you did, and your welcome. ;)

Tim, I wouldn't even know about this spot if not for you!

I will take the inclusion of this Family with great respect and reverence. The WHOLE Family!!! If I ever get to meet Josh Bixler, I'd love to shake his hand and thank him for his entire concept of FliteTest, and all that it stands for.
..... And I wouldn't mind a signed Legacy either!! :p

I don't want to over try.... that never works. But when the opportunity to pay it forward comes around, TRY and stop me!

jaredstrees

We are glad to help others when we can. I lurked on this forum for a bit, watching, trying and not having much success. When I reached out, others helped me and I finally started to get it, both in building and flying. So now that I'm in a position to help, I'm all too happy to do so. This place really is a community, and I'm glad to be a part of it.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
This is the same welcome I received too. And thanks to all here. Hopefully I will grok enough about flying to help others, past encouragement, and pay it forward.

This positive community has helped me move past the emotionally devastating failures and many frustrations and disappointments along the way in the hobby. Times I have been convinced it was time to sell the lot of it and find something simpler.

If I ever get to meet Josh Bixler, I'd love to shake his hand and thank him for his entire concept of FliteTest, and all that it stands for.
Let's not forget to Thank Chad Kapper too, as he was one of the founders of this amazing adventure with Austin, right?
At Flight Fest Ohio 2018 I bumped into Josh Bixler multiple times. Where I did just what you mentioned. I shook his hand and thanked him for what they all put together. and mostly for the spirit embodied by the vision. At the end we hugged.

I bumped into him again while I held my FB Bird of Time I ad-hocked at the event. As he signed it, he told me, "You know these things don't last forever right?" :confused: I replied, "of course, when it's dies I will hang this wing in my shop for the memories." :) He laughed, complimented the build and we continued on.

I'm glad you found the same greeting. Makes a world of difference, doesn't it?

If I can help you as you go forward let me know. I'm excited to see where you take it.

PoorManRC

Master member
@FoamyDM - Of course I wouldn't leave out Chad.... and everyone else involved!!
I still can't afford to even travel to the other end of my City, much less to a Flite Fest. But hopefully that changes soon. I do have a change of fortune coming....... but I don't want to jinx it, and certainly don't want a bad omen!

MY first Lesson was that they don't last forever!! DUH!! So that's why there's Swappable stuff!
Old Dog had to learn a new trick.

@jaredstrees - I'm HOPING for the day when I give back!! Before all the crap that hit us, I used to have a Make-a-Wish Kid, every Year....
I REALLY miss that.

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
Hi Guys,

@kilroy07
@jaredstrees
@Hai-Lee
@Gazoo
@rockyboy

Thank You, Carmine

I had the same experience!

The day I signed up I had a bunch of guys welcome me to the forum!

Like you said, I can't wait until I have the chance to meet Josh Bixler, shake his hand and thank him!