I did a thing!

Marzipan

DHGate had a wicked price on the XK A600 DHC-2 Beaver RTF, 50%+ off the prices I've been following since August...$54.00 CAD.

I hope the A900 gets a discount too...but so far no dice. it's gone up if anything.

I'm a big fan of DHC aircraft. in fact, the wife n I went on an arial tour in one on our honeymoon!

holy rodent are they noisy!!! really wished they had enuff headsets than for just the pilot and passenger beside them tho... 😝

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
DHGate had a wicked price on the XK A600 DHC-2 Beaver RTF, 50%+ off the prices I've been following since August...$54.00 CAD.

I hope the A900 gets a discount too...but so far no dice. it's gone up if anything.

I'm a big fan of DHC aircraft. in fact, the wife n I went on an arial tour in one on our honeymoon!

holy rodent are they noisy!!! really wished they had enuff headsets than for just the pilot and passenger beside them tho... 😝
So you bought a beaver???
That's one gorgeous plane

Marzipan

So you bought a beaver???
That's one gorgeous plane

I agree. I've been a fan of all DHC aircraft since I was a little kid and saw a Buffalo pull it's STOL trick at the Kamloops airshow back in the 80's. well, that and the Beaver was in a lot of Canadian shows at the time too, LoL!

it seems the best time to order stuff off AliE, Banggood, DHGate is late in the day or evening (depending on your NA time zone) as I put my orders in sometime after 10PM PST and I had already gotten shipping info and tracking # before I stopped browsing stuff at 1AM, LoL!

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
I agree. I've been a fan of all DHC aircraft since I was a little kid and saw a Buffalo pull it's STOL trick at the Kamloops airshow back in the 80's. well, that and the Beaver was in a lot of Canadian shows at the time too, LoL!

it seems the best time to order stuff off AliE, Banggood, DHGate is late in the day or evening (depending on your NA time zone) as I put my orders in sometime after 10PM PST and I had already gotten shipping info and tracking # before I stopped browsing stuff at 1AM, LoL!
That's like 4 am in the morning for me😂😂😂

Marzipan

aw stink! the A900 went on sale for $90 CAD...but I had no more monies. just got my advance from work (I'm commission) so checked to see if it was still $90, but alas, it's back to normal. :p

Marzipan

I'm in the middle of doing another thing. scored a deal for an E Flite Twin Otter for about half the price they go for up here in Canada. it's been flown about 10 times they said and are selling it off as their interest is on EDF jets right now. :)

Marzipan

well, the Twin Otter is mine! just have to get my parents to ship it over to me.

any suggestions on what to use for a shipping box on one of these? 1.2m wingspan.